Investment Systems Solutions Consultant
- Malvern, PA
Drive innovation for business partners
Partner with the business to strategically advise how technology, education, and process innovation can help them to meet their business goals. With a high level of IT and business acumen, proactively identify opportunities and demonstrate possibilities that technology can enable. Senior-level Solution Consultants are key participants in divisional business technology planning, gaining a holistic view of the technology portfolio to reveal cross-functional or cross-departmental opportunities. You'll use ideation and experimentation methods, and provide strategic guidance to internal clients with regard to people, technology and enabling or refining major business processes.
In this role, you will
- Establish strategic relationships with senior IT and business leaders to realize tangible business value by identifying, evaluating, and delivering solutions. Assist in formulating IT and business strategy with a willingness to challenge the business. Ensure that business goals and strategy are well articulated. Play a vital role in evaluating which initiatives to pursue. Deliver value through cultivating relationships, developing strategy, shaping demand, and facilitating communication.
- Be a thought leader who couples deep knowledge of the business and industry/competitive trends with expertise in techniques to discover opportunities. Use design thinking techniques to uncover business opportunities. Develop and harness industry leading consulting methodologies and frameworks.
- Actively participate in divisional business technology planning, gaining a holistic view of the portfolio to ensure that right solutions are applied to the right opportunities.
- Facilitate strategic thinking instead of short-term project thinking.
- Drive conversations that increase both business and IT savviness.
- Reveal cross-functional or cross-departmental opportunities.
- Develop strategic roadmap; clearly defines the value proposition
- Influence the enterprise by promoting the sharing of innovative business solutions across business units and divisions to achieve competitive advantage.
- Blur the lines between business units to influence enterprise level solutions that multiplies the value of targeted solutions.
- Champion broad investment in solutions that have enterprise impact.
- Create clarity and certainty when there is ambiguity; demystifies complex solutions or programs to ensure understanding by all parties.
- Move from theoretical to practical implementation of leading technology solutions that enable specific business outcomes.
- Communicate impeccably with executive level audiences. Facilitate productive connections and mobilize programs.
- Continuously pursue strong knowledge of business technology solutions though working relationships with peer firms, industry research analysts
- Regularly consult with Gartner/Forrester thought leaders.
- Initiate contacts with other firms to gain an external perspective.
- Leverage strategic business relationships to jointly attend industry conferences that provide strong intersection of business and IT trends.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of Investment Management business functions (Equity, Fixed Income, ETF, Foreign Exchange, and/or OTC contracts). Combine technical and functional knowledge to produce highly functional solutions to Investment Management business problems. Demonstrate a broad understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems
- Maintain a broad understanding of the roles of front, middle and back office, and designs systems to enable efficient business processes while maintaining necessary controls. Maintain a broad understanding of the roles of external partners (Custodial Banks, Brokers, and Regulatory Bodies) and designs systems to enable efficient business processes while maintaining necessary controls
Bring invention to investing
You'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong interpersonal skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years industry experience/field experience.
- Evidence of exposure to architectural patters of large, high-scale web and mobile applications (e.g. well-designed APIs)
- Expert knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such.
- Experience working on highly collaborative, cross-functional teams in an outcome oriented fashion.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional planning, organizational and negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiative to success.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top