Investment Stewardship Analyst
Protect the assets of millions who trust us with their futures!
Support Vanguard's investment stewardship efforts through effective advocacy, portfolio company engagements, and proxy voting. You will have the opportunity to advance your expertise on certain governance topics; coach and support other members of the team; and make decisions with real impact. Turn your passion into a world of opportunity and help us change the way the world invests!
In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of Vanguard's investment stewardship philosophy and voting guidelines.
- Establish an expertise in select corporate governance areas, such as board composition and evolution, executive compensation arrangements, governance structures, and risk management, including ESG matters.
- Develop and approve proxy voting decisions and portfolio company engagement preparatory materials.
- Actively participate in engagements with portfolio companies.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree; pursuit of advanced degree or certification preferred (such as MBA or CFA).
- Three to five years of relevant business experience.
- Strong business and investment acumen, including a demonstrated interest in investment stewardship topics.
- Excellent analytical and written / verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating at all levels of management.
- Strong research, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong work ethic with a proven ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment.
- Able to handle multiple priorities successfully.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you get so much more in return.
We invest with purpose-and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
INTERNAL CREW, CONTRACTOR & DIRECT APPLICATIONS AND; PREFERRED TALENT PARTNER (THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY HR) SUBMISSIONS ONLY
Please note, current suppliers and potential suppliers are not permitted to communicate with or contact or send or otherwise provide any speculative resumes to any department, business unit, subsidiary or affiliate of Vanguard, or any employee thereof, at any time unless expressly instructed or permitted by a member of Vanguard's HR department. For the avoidance of doubt, Vanguard will not pay any fees to a supplier or potential supplier in respect of any candidate unless Vanguard has either requested the referral or given its prior written consent to the referral. If you would like to partner with Vanguard Europe, please contact email@example.com
Back to top