Investment Sales Consultant
To promote Vanguard's broad array of products and services to prospects and clients for the purpose of winning new business. To uncover and understand prospect and client needs and position the appropriate features and benefits of Vanguard products and services to grow the business. This position encompasses a sales and education component to share knowledge of multiple Vanguard services to existing and prospective clients who have between $150,000 and $1 million in potential assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
Probes potential leads to ascertain the extent of the opportunity, obstacles, and the depth of information required. Drives the interaction and identifies need for guidance/advice based on consultative dialogue with client. Provides required situational guidance/advice, or positions and offers managed advice service consultation. Sets clear expectations and follows up with client to ensure implementation of advice delivered through managed consultation.
Identifies client's non-Vanguard assets, conducts advanced needs analysis of client's financial situation, identifies comparable Vanguard products/services, and provides client with Vanguard's value proposition to win additional business. Utilizes in-depth market knowledge to provide information on products and services and follows up with clients and prospects that have not committed.
Drives conversion of sales leads generated from internal business partners. Initiates contact with clients and prospects considering Vanguard as their financial service provider as appropriate. Ensures execution of specific reason for outreach. Continually broadens conversations with client to identify additional related investment needs and potential need for guidance/advice.
Educates clients to develop a comprehensive financial understanding of the prospect's/client's investment goals and by narrowing Vanguard fund choices into asset/sub-asset classes. Educates clients on Vanguard financial planning services, philosophies, rationale, and positions appropriate products and services based upon the uncovered client needs.
Manages and progresses a book of clients and prospects that have not yet committed to the sale, understanding client and prospect buying, consolidation, and timing needs. Prioritizes and manages interactions, classifying clients based on the complexity of request and client need.
Supports external clients/prospects and internal referral partners by responding to questions and requests regarding the asset transfer and rollover process related to the committed sale. Acts as a partner to money movement specialists and advisors in supporting the client and sales process.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of Vanguard funds, products and services and markets expected.
- Ability to deliver an exceptional client relationship management experience.
- Experience and comfort in dealing with ambiguity and ability to apply conceptual thinking.
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Two years experience as sales professional preferred.
- Series 7/63 (or ability to obtain within department guidelines).
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Comfort with web, email, social media channels in which clients engage with Vanguard.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top