Investment Product Strategy Specialist
The Investment Product Strategy Specialist will critically assess opportunities for various investment product and distribution solutions to meet advisor and client goals. Will also work in tandem with the Canadian Product Management Team, International Portfolio Review Department (IPRD), and Canadian Sales Management to champion recommendations that would materially improve the probablility of investment success and client acceptance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates product strategies that align with Vanguard’s investment philosophy and meet investors’ needs.
- Works with other groups to develop and maintain the rolling five year product plan.
- Uses extensive knowledge of investment products and develops successful strategies to enable further distribution opportunities for Vanguard. Meets frequently with both the Retail and Institutional sales channels and is able to explain in detail the appropriate Vanguard products available, and collaborates to develop potential new product solutions and enter new markets.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert for the suite of Vanguard products applicable to Canadian clients. Identifies and anticipates key issues and conveys these opinions through meetings with product and sales management teams.
- Acts independently as technical support for the sales team in Canada across the retail and institutional sales channels.
- Stays current on the investment landscape. Shows a genuine interest in and commitment to gaining relevant product knowledge, skills and experience in financial markets. Utilizes market expertise and savvy for the benefit of Vanguard. Maintains current knowledge about competitor products and services. Maintains broad securities industry knowledge and has a deep understanding of where Vanguard’s products and services fit within the industry.
- Develops strong relationships with both internal and external partners in product management, sales and distribution, and all relevant stakeholders to influence the outcome of product development.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or equivalent experience. Progress towards MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related and progressive experience in financial industry with concentration in portfolio management, analysis and/or investment management preferred.
- Experience with Canadian retail and institutional distribution landscape as well as product solutions.
- Highly developed analytical and project management skills and thorough understanding of capital markets.
- Broad understanding of the investment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality and accuracy.
- Demonstrated record of initiative and the ability to work independently at a high level.
- Superior interpersonal, writing and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top