Investment Management Project Manager
Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Investment Project Manager to support the Front Office Investment Management functions (Fixed Income, Equity, Risk Management, Investment Strategy) by effectively managing project portfolios, leading business and technology projects, and managing vendor relationships and third party products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with cross functional business leaders (e.g. Investment Management, Fund Financial Services, Fund Information Services) to identify and prioritize strategic and tactical business initiatives.
- Partners with business leaders to clearly define project scope, business requirements, and project plans for investment management initiatives. Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) teams to develop and delivery technology solutions.
- Manages, monitors, and controls scope, schedule, cost, and quality of business initiatives. Expertly manages projects leveraging industry and Vanguard standard project management processes, practices, and methodologies to ensure successful delivery. Accountable for overall project success.
- Develops and executes highly effective communication plans to keep stakeholders and interested parties informed of plans and status of projects and project portfolios.
- Effectively manages and monitors business and project risks, removing obstacles and resolving issues. Independently identifies and implements process improvements to enhance processes and practices within the department and across the investment management businesses.
- Manages key technology third party products by effectively managing vendor relationships, balancing business needs with product capabilities, evaluating future state product roadmaps, and coordinating and scheduling product upgrades.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, or economics) or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of eight years general business experience, and five plus years project management experience managing technology-related projects across a variety of applications and business needs. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification highly regarded.
- Experience leading investment management Portfolio Management and/or Trading and Operational projects highly desired.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the investment securities markets and practices.
- Ability to lead medium to large, complex projects.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Self-starter, motivated, independent, versatile team player and work well under pressure. Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think strategically.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and professional presence.
- Ability to easily convey complex information between the business and Information Technology.
- Proven experience working in a flexible, fast-paced environment. Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple small projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience working within a quality management framework, ideally Six Sigma, is highly regarded. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top