Investment Management Development Program
A demanding program with executive engagement!Investment Management Development Program The Investment Management Development Program is a plum opportunity for those seeking to kick-start their career as investment professionals. Every participant will complete four investment focused rotations that will allow them to smoothly assimilate into each department and become an integral, active, and trusted part of each assignments’ projects. Ultimately, distinguished alumni of the program will master the objectives of the assignments and specific departments, exceed rotation expectations, and deliver high quality results for all. They will become experts of Vanguard’s investment philosophy and money management methodology, and positively impact our core investment-based functions.
About IMDP, a Vanguard Specialty Program (VSP):
This rotational program offers a deep dive of Vanguard’s products, investment methodology, industry dynamics, and all relevant investment management systems. There will be a strong focus on Vanguard’s Investment Management Group business model and opportunities to rotate in Trader and/or Investment Research roles.
The program is designed to give participants a rich, impactful experience in one of our Investment Management functions, with development support from a best-in-class investment leader. Ultimately, participants will leave the program as well-rounded investment professionals with a broad knowledge of Vanguard’s divisions, strategies and initiatives.
To ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Mentoring relationships with members of senior management.
- Dedicated support during your rotation from a talented investment management leader.
- Opportunities to contribute to meaningful investment management functions and key initiatives through four distinct rotations.
- Ongoing training opportunities that align with each rotational assignment and allow participants to build their investment and technical acumen.
- Opportunities to build strategic working relationships and a supportive network.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment, with multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong professional presence/ability to effectively interact with all levels of crew and external clients.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility, strong decision making skills and effective time management skills.
- Proven ability to deliver meticulous results under tight time constraints.
- Pursuit of the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) certification is strongly encouraged.
All four rotations will provide exposure to the Investment Management Group (IMG) division and/or Portfolio Review Department (PRD) and crew will launch into an IMG or PRD role at the conclusion of the program. Rotations may include Vanguard’s Fixed Income Group, Equity Index Group, Investment Strategy Group, Portfolio Review Department, and Risk Management Group.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Back to top