Investment Management Development Program
Drive superior investment results
When you join Vanguard's Investment Management Development Program, you will experience buy-side investing as part of a leading-edge investment management organization. This is no career shadowing experience. You'll influence the investment outcomes of over twenty million clients as you collaborate alongside a team of world-class investment professionals at a global market leader. Through hands-on involvement with the global investment ecosystem and equipped with the tools and resources to succeed, you'll shape the financial future of our clients and of Vanguard itself. Make it count.
In this program you will
- Experience an intensive, holistic approach to investing that employs a range of strategies across asset classes through four 6-month assignments in our Investment Management Group (IMG) and Portfolio Review Department (PRD) and Risk Management Group (RMG)
- Lead crucial projects where you'll distill complex data to uncover insights that will be presented to key leadership - influencing strategic product decisions that directly affect the Vanguard Funds
- Cultivate new relationships in a thriving network of investment professionals working to do what's right for the investor
- Make a positive impact on investors and the global financial markets as a whole
- Become an expert in Vanguard's unique, mission driven investment philosophy
Lead the future of investing
At Vanguard, we value community, comradery and leaders who are adaptable and independent minded. Your proven leadership and communication abilities will be invaluable as we advance our mission to make success accessible to everyone. Here, your strong analytical skills and conceptual creativity will help you navigate the rigors of this demanding program as you prepare yourself for a career in investment management. Use your quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities in a fast-paced environment to deliver top-notch results for your team, your clients and your own personal success story.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree. Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong professional presence/ability to effectively interact with all levels of crew and external clients.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility, strong decision making skills and effective time management skills.
- Proven ability to deliver meticulous results under tight time constraints.
- Pursuit of the Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA®) designation is strongly encouraged.
- The ideal candidate is a graduating college senior or early career professional
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
- Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
- Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2020.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top