Oversight & Manager Search Investment Analyst
Vanguard's Portfolio Review Department (PRD) is a centralized group with three primary functions, Product Strategy, Product Management, and Oversight & Manager Search. The Oversight & Manager Search team is responsible for two primary functions, fund and advisor oversight as well as investment manager search. From an oversight perspective, the team is responsible for the oversight of all of mutual funds and ETFs that Vanguard offers domestically and internationally as well as the advisors to those funds. When it comes to search, the team is responsible for maintaining an ongoing search for new potential investment managers. We are seeking an Investment Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the Senior Investment Analysts in the execution of their oversight and search responsibilities.
As an Investment Analyst, you will be responsible for conducting detailed analysis of Vanguard's mutual funds and advisors, including the preparation of materials for manager interactions, reports detailing the team's assessment of each fund and manager, and annual reviews of each fund and manager for the Board of Directors. You will also be involved in the identification of potential advisors for Vanguard's funds domestically and internationally.
How you will spend your days:
As an Investment Analyst, you will spend your days leveraging reporting tools to analyze Vanguard's funds and advisors as well as engaging in due diligence meetings with our current managers and prospective managers.
In this role, you will:
- Play a key role in the preparation of materials for manager interactions, reports detailing the team's assessment of each fund and manager, and annual reviews of each fund and manager for the Board of Directors meetings through leveraging a range of tools, including FactSet, Axioma, StyleResearch, and proprietary internal databases.
- Develop a strong understanding of Vanguard funds and their underlying advisors.
- Assist in the preparation for, and participate in, due diligence efforts for Vanguard's current and prospective managers.
- Work with Senior Investment Analysts to identify potential advisors for Vanguard's funds, through leveraging tools including eVestment to screen for new managers.
- Write quarterly investment commentaries for Vanguard mutual funds.
- Provide leadership on key responsibilities within the team. Support and enhance PRD's reporting process, technology initiatives, and serve as a department resource on assigned reporting and external systems.
- Assist with projects related to new product development as well as product management.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience; pursuit of MBA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of three years of investment-related experience
- Working knowledge of Vanguard's funds and the investment industry
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top