Internal Sales Consultant, Vanguard Investments Mexico
The Sales Consultant will partner with Sales Executive(s) to drive new business development and manage client relationships within Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves sales and sales activity goals as set by leadership team. Identifies opportunities and moves clients through the sales process creating promoters of Vanguard. Actively engages with external partner to uncover new Vanguard assets.
- Drives results and raises awareness of Vanguard's investment products and services by delivering key messages through face-to-face meetings, phone and video calls, targeted mailings and emails, and attendance at industry conferences..
- Builds, grows, and maintains client relationships by developing a thorough understanding of Vanguards value added offerings and successfully position these services to clients.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the sales process and utilizes it to assist in moving clients and opportunities to the next stage. Partner with Sales Executive(s) to close new business within the territory.
- Travels with Sales Executive(s) to participate in face to face meetings with clients.
- Supports the Sales Executive in the development and execution of a strategic business plan to generate assets and grow share in the territory.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments. Utilizes this knowledge to be a trusted advisor to clients and prospects, and positions Vanguard products and services effectively.
- Develops business analytics regarding market sizing, market share and growth potential by channel and product/asset class
- Works well in a team environment with Sales Executive(s) and other crew members, including crew in shared services functions in the U.S. and other international locations
- Assesses the needs of each client by asking targeted, high impact questions and positions the appropriate product and/or service that meet those needs. Asks for the client's business.
- Proactively supports broader corporate initiatives and participates in programs as appropriate.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, including wholesaling experience, is preferred.
- Minimum three to five years general experience and three years financial services experience.
- Significant level of knowledge related to the financial services industry and investment products.
- Broad knowledge of investment principles and concepts preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mutual funds and ETFs.
- Understanding of and passion for the capital markets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Demonstrated professional presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Verbal and written Spanish and English proficiency required.
- High energy, motivated individual, committed to excellence.
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office software, with a proficiency level in MS Excel preferred.
Some travel required.
Applicants must be authorized to work in Mexico.
Vanguard Investments Mexico is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top