Internal Sales Consultant / Internal Wholesaler
- Scottsdale, AZ
Build relationships that drive investor success:
The Financial Advisor Services (FAS) story is one of growth, innovation, and endurance. We may adapt when the market changes, but we never waver in our core belief that lower costs result in greater value for our clients. We've gained a dedicated following by serving clients (advisory firms, Target Broker Dealer, RIA, Bank, and Institutions) with a consultative approach that employs simple, reliable tools and resources to ensure consistent, long-term performance. We are currently seeking an Internal Sales Consultant eager to help us continue to revolutionize the industry.
How you'll spend your days:
As an Internal Sales Consultant, you'll spend your days building, growing, and maintaining advisor relationships by developing a thorough understanding of their business. Asking targeted, high impact questions will allow you to position beneficial Vanguard offerings through consultative sales conversations. You'll raise awareness of Vanguard's investment products and services by delivering key messages through targeted prospecting activities, including cold calls and virtual communications.
Applying your deep knowledge of the capital markets, the investment management industry, and marketplace developments, you'll become a trusted advisor to both clients and prospective clients. You'll help achieve sales goals by engaging with external partners to uncover sales opportunities, position Vanguard products and services, and close new business within the territory.
Developing a thorough understanding of the sales process, you'll move clients and prospects through the process with efficiency and transparency, thus building promoters of Vanguard. During travels with the external partner, you'll participate in face to face meetings with advisors and support the External Sales Executive in the development and execution of a strategic business plan
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience, including wholesaling experience, is preferred.
- Minimum three years general experience and three years industry/technology. Financial services or wholesaling experience preferred.
- Understanding of, and real passion for the sales process.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and follow up skills. Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Shown professional presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- High energy, motivated individual, committed to perfection.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS software. Understanding of CRM systems
Certifications we are searching for:
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 (or ability to acquire within department guidelines)
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time as outlined by Vanguard's FINRA Licensing Policy. Additionally, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a full background check, including criminal, employment/education history, credit and public records search in accordance with the FINRA regulations.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top