Internal Controls Manager- Risk Advisory
Financial integrity from the inside out
Looking after the best interests of Vanguard investors starts with having a clear picture of our own business and financial situation. As a steward of Vanguard's success and security, you'll make your contribution count. Are you ready to make a difference?
In this role you will:
- You will provide leadership and strategic direction to develop, implement, and manage comprehensive control management programs for the business unit. Plus you will link the programs with Enterprise Risk Management.
- You will manages projects with broad scope and high complexity within and across business organizations that require action to maintain a best-in-class control environment, and support business objectives. Builds project plans and timelines, determines resource requirements, manages day-to-day aspects of the project plan, gathers and incorporates business feedback, and facilitates change and communication planning.
- You will act as a consultant for management team to draw on for advice and mentorship regarding proposed processes and procedures to ensure internal controls are appropriately implemented without compromising process integrity. Identifies and evaluates operational risks and exposures of business objectives, process workflows, and service initiatives. Identifies and resolves problems on time and demonstrates excellent judgment and decision quality. Recognized by others across the business as a resource; a person who can resolve issues, accomplish objectives, and provide consultative insight.
- You will take an active role in developing, implementing, and providing ongoing solutions with business leaders. Facilitates forums with business leadership and internal partners to accelerate and improve decision-making on regulatory risk topics in the business. Provides communication to drive consistent and balanced change in business practices.
- You will establish and maintains effective working relationships with department, division and executive management by assisting in the identification, assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of operational risks, providing education, and reporting results. Assists business partners and business divisions in defining and implementing controls, and improving local efforts to ensure appropriate risk mitigation.
- You will maintain awareness of risk and control topics. Seeks to understand broad industry and Vanguard trends regarding risks and control and determines applicability to the operation. Demonstrates high (learning curve appropriate) level of competency/thought leadership in field of expertise. Brings new ideas to the table that will contribute to the further evolution of controls. Attends, and presents at, professional industry conferences.
Look to the future-ours and yours
Are you seeking to join a team of elite financial minds, conducting vital research and technical analysis to drive our business decision-making? From pricing new products to cost-benefit analysis, prioritizing investment spending to assessing business segment profitability, the range of analysis activities is diverse and fascinating. This is a role that will foster your curiosity, cultivate your thought leadership and strengthen your relationship management skills. Challenge yourself and grow your personal and professional skills.
What it takes:
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business, finance or accounting, related certification or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of mutual fund, regulatory and/or internal control experience including project management or consulting experience. This includes at least five years of general business experience. Experience in operations management, compliance, risk management, or auditing experience from which knowledge of internal control and risk management was obtained, is preferred.
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and analytical skills required.
- Familiarity with risk management theory and experience in applying risk management concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, influencing, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven skills to work independently and establish work priorities with minimal mentorship from management.
- Proven ability to deal effectively and professionally with people of all levels.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top