Internal Audit Methodology & Quality Assurance PM
- Wayne, PA
Vanguard has an exciting opportunity for a Methodology/Quality Assurance Audit Project Manager in our Internal Audit Professional Practices (PP) team in Malvern, PA. Our PP team enables Internal Audit to complete its mission by providing services related to assurance and advisory efforts (e.g., methodology, reporting), people (e.g., talent management, training & development), and operations (e.g., technology, communications) and by being solution-focused, skilled in our field, and invested in each other's success. Day to day you will manage a range of Internal Audit projects requiring audit and risk management expertise, including audit quality assurance assessments, maintenance and updates to the department's audit methodology, and basic support of the department's technology infrastructure. Additionally, you'll be afforded the opportunity to assist with annual/quarterly audit planning and enable the department to prioritize risks and allocate resources, and communicate the plan to Vanguard's Audit Committee(s).
In this role you will:
- Maintain the department's methodology and executes components of the quality assurance programs. Ensure consistent application of methodology and standards across the globe. Conduct benchmarking of audit methodology against professional standards, regulatory expectations and leading practices.
- Enable components of the department's most important strategic projects, which will impact our operating models, technology, and data enablement solutions. Ensure changes are consistent with methodology and industry standards.
- Manage relationships with the audit team by acting as a technical resource to educate them on the professional standards and how suggested changes will improve results. Identify crew training opportunities and participate in providing direct coaching and development to the crew.
- Act as a technical resource to provide initial support regarding the operation of core audit technologies (Audit Lifecycle, Issue Management, Audit Universe/Risk Assessment), and service as primary point of contact to manage coordination with technology partners and system access control for IA systems.
- Maintain effective networks outside of Vanguard with professional organizations to stay abreast of industry trends and developments.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in business discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years progressively responsible experience, including at least two years of experience managing a variety of process and technology-related projects from beginning to end. Exposure to multi-disciplinary global programs is preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to drive change, generate creative approaches/solutions and the desire to shape a "best in class" global organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to enhancing knowledge of global financial services industry, unfamiliar business operations and technology. Assertively seeks out information through internal and external business partners and industry network.
- Excellent judgment and ability to analyze and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Strong relationship skills and client focused mindset.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top