Internal Audit Associate
Vanguard is actively looking for graduates to launch a career in our entry level roles! Launch your career in the financial services industry with a position in Vanguard's Internal Audit group!
Internal Audit is looking to recruit highly motivated and hard-working crew who can consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity. With all the recent news stories about fraud in the financial industry, ethical companies need trustworthy individuals now more than ever to protect investors and their business from malicious activity. More specifically, in this role, you will become part of Vanguard's line of defense by auditing our business areas, evaluating controls, and delivering sound solutions – all leading to a safer Vanguard for clients and crew. Our team is seeking an Associate Auditor who can shield Vanguard and its clients from these types of incidents.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in assigned work for risk-based audits and advisory engagements (including research, evaluation and analysis, and testing) to aid in identifying issues related to risk, governance, processes, technology, controls, and operating practices for areas under review.
- Attends team and client discussions throughout the engagement to assist the team with execution of audit methodology, including assessment of risk and testing effectiveness of controls.
- Learns the Vanguard businesses and audit methodology and applies knowledge in team discussions related to audit scope, testing approach, and data analysis.
- Contributes to high-quality internal workpapers and client facing deliverables such as process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings to be shared with the audit team and clients.
- Effectively communicates with other risk partners to build relationships and discuss relevant work that has been performed.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives, as needed.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. May have relevant work experience through internships/co-ops.
- Interest in the financial services industry.
- Ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Conceptual thinking aptitude
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top