Intermediate Business Analyst
To support the Investment Management Group (Fixed Income, Equity, Risk Management, Investment Strategy, Data Management) and their organizational objectives/imperatives by effectively participating in defining their future state business technology solutions via leading business projects that have people, process and technology implications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines business solutions via documenting and inspecting business process models, process flows and service/operating models. Identifies challenges in current state business processes and provides input into potential future state solutions.
- Captures, documents, and validates business requirements (capabilities) for business and technology initiatives.
- Facilitates prioritization and execution of technology enhancements and maintenance activities with business and IT project managers.
- Assists product managers and project managers to plan, schedule and coordinate business activities and deliver business technology projects. Facilitates meetings and presentations with project clients, management team, and/or department, as needed.
- Partners with project manager to define, plan, coordinate, and implement project plans for larger technology initiatives.
- Reviews and inspects business test strategies and plans to ensure quality and coverage. Serves as liaison between the business and IT to validate test results and address communication and prioritization of test issues.
- Identifies business production post-certification test scenarios and assist with production verification.
- Participates in post implementation reviews as required. Assists with post project production support and ensure issue/defect resolution.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or related field). Graduate degrees (MBA, Masters, etc.) highly regarded.
- Minimum of seven years business experience, with three years plus business analysis experience, one year plus in project management in Investment Management (Front, Middle or Back Office), and two years plus leadership/crew development preferred.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the investment management lifecycle and securities markets and practices.
- Strong experience in business requirements definition and process mapping skills.
- Certifications in Project Management, Six Sigma, Lean, CFA are highly regarded. Strong working knowledge in process re-engineering, quality management framework required.
- Strong foundation of investment knowledge including an understanding of capital markets, market indices, and various securities (equity, fixed income and derivatives).
- Ability to handle multiple, complex projects with attention to detail while meeting deadlines. Proven self -starter with ability to work independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to analyze issues quickly and independently and take appropriate action under tight time constraints. Detail oriented with a high level of energy. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Office.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills. Proven ability to interact and build effective working relationships with peers and senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, ambiguous working environment with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
Ability to work beyond regular business hours.
Limited international travel may be required.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top