Intermediary Operations Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Intermediary Operations Manager to oversee the contact center providing mutual fund transfer agency support to intermediary clients, institutional clients, 529 plans, and international clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff, providing guidance, training and motivation necessary to develop team. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends actions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures
- Ensures that all client calls are responded to professionally and within defined service levels. Ensures quality of calls through phone monitoring.
- Oversees the timely and accurate processing of all transaction requests, ensures that large transaction reporting guidelines are continually followed and key business unit indicators are met.
- Manages internal client relationships and business partners. Proactively builds relationships with peers and direct reports.
- Understands the needs and expectations of external clients and ensures that the staff is trained to meet their needs. Maintains ultimate accountability for ensuring that your bank relationships receive the services appropriate to their needs.
- Identifies and leads projects that will improve the internal work flows, or enhance the services that we provide to clients.
- Participates as a key contributor in defining and implementing business plan objectives.
- Participates in operationally oriented meetings with clients, and occasionally attend industry conferences.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum five years related business experience.
- Minimum two years supervisor experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mutual fund industry preferred.
- Understanding of call center and processing environment preferred.
- Demonstrated project management and problem solving skills.
- Sound business judgment and decision making processes.
- Demonstrated flexibility in leading a diverse, multi-functional group.
- Ability to generate creative approaches in structuring department functions.
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop staff.
- Experience with NSCC and Transfer Agency preferred.
- Ability to obtain FINRA registered Series 6 or 7, 63, and either 24 or 26.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top