Institutional Relationship Manager
To deepen and broaden client relationships with new and existing institutional accounts through strategic relationship management. To lead integrated service team that establishes Vanguard as the partner of choice for profit firms by uncovering and creating solutions for their unique challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deepens and broadens relationships with key client decision-makers and decision influencers. Acts as a consultant and trusted advisor in client's decision making process; Is viewed by client as the Vanguard Ambassador. Provides top-notch service with customized personal contact and face-to-face client meetings. Answers all client questions arising from own book of business.
- Anticipates and assesses clients' needs and objectives through strategic relationship planning and consultation; incorporates client's vision into relationship plan. Knows the client's business and industry. Partners with clients to identify Vanguard investment products, services, and thought leadership to meet client needs; coordinates investment reviews and other interactions and effectively communicates Vanguard's investment approaches and philosophies to clients. Identifies opportunities and proposes improvements to gain efficiencies and ensure quality service delivery.
- Demonstrates ultimate accountability for client relationship and coordinates internal activities to ensure an integrated team. Provides strategic direction for client and team to ensure unmatchable excellence and flawless execution in all aspects of the client relationship. Acts as the liaison for clients with internal Vanguard departments and ensures availability of resources to meet client's needs. Works with Sales, PRD, Consultant Relations, and all other interested parties to ensure that business opportunities are fully explored and both the client's and Vanguard's goals and needs are met and exceeded.
- Positions Vanguard strategically to retain and gain/win additional business.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of investments, the retirement landscape, regulatory issues relating to investment management, relevant retirement topics, and is knowledgeable of Vanguard and competitor products and services.
- Supports continuous improvement of Vanguard's support of retirement and nonprofit industry through project teams.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Masters degree or professional designations (i.e. CFA, CIMA, CAIA) preferred.
- Minimum five years financial services experience. Previous relationship management or sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated executive presence and poise. Superior communication (verbal and written), negotiating, networking, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Ability to lead integrated service teams and influence the organization.
- Passion to learn and speak about investments with clients.
- Knowledge of the retirement industry/nonprofit marketplace preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and Vanguard funds preferred.
- Completion of Series 6 and Series 63 or obtain within 3 months.
This is considered a covered department under Vanguard's Political Contribution and Fundraising Activity Policy and may be subject to greater restrictions than those set out in the policy. Prior to moving into this position you will be required to disclose all political contributions made within the last two years.
If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations. Please note, the credit and criminal check requirement does not apply to crew who are currently registered with FINRA.
Ability to travel up to 50% is required
Manages a book of business consisting of 40 to 55 clients of moderate to high complexity and importance to Vanguard.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top