Institutional Channel Marketing Manager
The Institutional Channel Marketing Manager will develop and execute the marketing strategy for Vanguard Canada’s Institutional line of business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Researches, develops and executes the marketing strategy for Vanguard’s Canadian institutional business, ensuring marketing and business objectives are fully aligned.
- Delivers a fully integrated marketing plan, working across the marketing team and leveraging specialists (i.e., editorial, digital, PR and events) to build the Vanguard brand and product awareness.
- Works with the Institutional Sales Team and the Head of Marketing to plan and implement the marketing strategy taking into account existing and target client segmentation, investment and industry trends and product priorities.
- Defines the marketing propositions for institutional at a corporate/business level and at a product level. Sets metrics for all activity, maximizes ROI and reports on marketing effectiveness on a monthly basis. Sets and reports on institutional marketing budgets.
- Leverages our thought leadership pipeline.
- Defines material requirements e.g. presentations, sales support material etc and project manages the development of these and ensures the management of all material within Siesmic.
- Develops deep understanding of sales strategy and ensures sales requirements are fully reflected in marketing activity.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the competitive environment and incorporates this into the marketing strategy and the implementation of plans.
- Works with the internal and external partners to understand the effectiveness of marketing activity and uses insights to inform the future strategy.
- Works in a global context and leverages expertise and experience across regions, standardizing institutional marketing activity with other markets where appropriate.
- Leads and participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- 5-8 years experience in the Canadian institutional asset management industry.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a marketing strategy.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical ability.
- Excellent project management, planning and collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of the needs and issues facing institutional investors.
- Team player and proven implementer.
- Confident with working with people at all levels.
Back to top