Innovation Studio Operations Manager
"The Innovation Operations Manager role is a unique growth opportunity to join one of Vanguard's newest divisions, the Vanguard Innovation Studio (VIS). Centered in the heart of Philadelphia, this is a critical role that interfaces with all members of the leadership team as well as key internal and external partners. The role calls for a combination of key skills from creative problem solving, operational excellence, detail orientation, a "roll up sleeves" mindset, and strong interpersonal skills to nurture key relationships and build new ones.
Specifically, this role will focus on five main areas:
- Relationship management (internal/external partners and visitors)
- Event Strategy, design and execution
- Day-to-day operations/logistics/administration
- Marketing and external communications
- Proof of concept (POC) team participation (as capacity and interest allows)
This role will report into a Senior Innovation Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a valuable connector for the team to internal and external stakeholders and develops plan for continued relationship management with stakeholders (internal and external). Manages relationships with collaboration partners (i.e. consultants, academia, startups, etc.). Assists with maintaining list of contacts (internal and external) and serves as central coordinator for information updates. Coordinates onboarding activities/processes for third party vendors (e.g., consultancies).
- Develops, designs and executes event strategy working in conjunction with Strategy team to promote Innovation Studio's vision and goals. Continuously works to make events more innovative, impactful and valuable to various audiences. Interest and/or experience in experiential design, event technology a plus. Crafts thoughtful input to event strategy and timelines compiled by Studio (including but not limited to type of event/frequency/attendees, etc.)
- Constructs concrete project plans. Oversees and manages multiple highly complex events and projects within the department and across Vanguard as needed. Ensures that events/projects are fiscally responsible and are completed within budget and on time.
- Leads the logistics for events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to event design, site selection, meeting room setup, event registration, food and beverage functions, contracting and negotiating with hotels and suppliers, and holding pre-and post-event meetings with internal clients and external vendors.
- Logs and maintains visitor requests for the studio (including both internal Vanguard employees and external partners). Maintains conference room reservations and logistics. Manages supplies. Plans and manages team events and culture building activities (e.g., team outings, office town halls, travel logistics, expenses, etc.). Coordinates Vanguard teams such as CREFM, Meetings and Conference Services, and other administrative support. Partners with local businesses / retailers / restaurants to ensure local studio presence and perks for employees. Coordinates Advisory Board meeting preparation (Senior Staff and External Member Calendars).
- Supports Marketing and external communications efforts. Develops, in partnership with leadership team, VIS marketing and outreach strategy. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to social media channel management, marketing collateral, and other brand building efforts to establish VIS' voice in innovation. Manages inbound and external marketing requests/ideas and prioritizes opportunity set for leadership team. Maintains Studio Wiki page and supports knowledge management efforts team wide (with the goal of sharing more broadly tools, techniques, process and insights with HQ).
- Participate, where possible, on innovation team project work, facilitating team operations, coordination and varying needs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project management leadership and support, data review and gathering, design support, research, knowledge management, and risk management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in marketing, design, business, art, technology, or creative field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years of working experience with emphasis on project management, operations, logistics, administration, event planning, and relationship management
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work across multiple projects and under deadline pressure
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate studio operations
- Have a passion for innovation, design, and financial services
- Promotes teamwork, strong relationship management, and diversity of thought, building an inclusive and creative environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively deal with ambiguity and adapt to change. Ability to create clarity and structure from ambiguity
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly, complete multiple and diverse assignments with high quality. Asks great questions to accelerate learning
- Broad understanding of Vanguard's mission statement
Ability to travel.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top