Innovation Product Manager
Transform investing through innovation
Help Vanguard change the way the world invests. As an Innovation Project Manager, you will develop the Innovation Studio's portfolio of work through leading various innovation projects using innovation techniques and methodologies to address strategic aspirations, competitive differentiation, and growth oriented opportunities spanning products, services, and business models.
In this role, you will
- Lead and develop a strong, diverse, high performing team. Provide guidance and coaching to cross functional proof of concept teams assigned to a specific project.
- Conceptualize compelling and meaningful opportunities for client(s), crew and business. Work closely with SMEs and specialists (designers, engineers, and other strategists) to develop ideas for new products, services and experiences.
- Explore real world problems using a combination of creative and analytical tools. Lead your team to develop and test hypotheses. Define project stage, metrics, and requirements that drive business value for prioritization.
- Build a strong working expertise of common innovation discovery and production techniques (i.e. human centered design, systems thinking, lean enterprise) and proof of concept development criteria.
- Ensure leaders and business partners are informed, aligned, and fully participate throughout each stage of the innovation process.
Deliver a Portfolio of Innovation Solutions
Accelerate innovation at Vanguard. Are you a leader who displays strong player-coaching skills managing cross-functional and matrixed teams, and has experience developing and delivering innovative products and services? If you embody a growth mindset and you are passionate about innovation and developing high performing teams, then you are exactly who we are looking for.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years leading large scale projects, creation of new teams, products, services, or solutions. Experience with leading external resources i.e. consultants and vendors is a plus.
- Ability to lead complex strategic engagements with a high degree of autonomy and sensitivity to deadlines. Works well collaboratively and independently, comfortable providing peer and matrixed leadership.
- Excellent leadership, relationship management, and project management skills, with track record of success line business results, metrics, and learnings.
- Strong communication, facilitation, persuasion and influence, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, judgment, critical thinking, and analytic skills, with the ability to work across multiple functions, lead diverse perspectives and deal effectively with ambiguity and adaptation to change.
- Role will involve directly leading/coaching crew as well as leading larger matrixed teams including diverse set of internal and external partners.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top