Infrastructure Technical Lead
To provide expert-level expertise, customization, and user support of Vanguard’s e-mail infrastructure and messaging product suite in the Enterprise Messaging Team (EMT) of the Enterprise Business Solutions department in ESS.
This position is restricted to crew within the IT division only.
This position is for an existing infrastructure Technical Lead or a mid-level or senior-level systems engineer who is ready to grow into a Technical Leadership role in support of Vanguard’s e-mail infrastructure and messaging product suite in the Enterprise Messaging Team (EMT) of the Enterprise Business Solutions department in ESS. The candidate will lead the support and enhancement of operational infrastructure, including:
- Care and maintenance of physical Linux servers (vendor appliances)
- Administration of virtual Linux servers in vSphere
- Production support, including leading efforts around log research, shell scripting, and process automation
The position demands excellent communication skills, which the Technical Lead will leverage to:
- Craft communications aimed at external organizations and partner companies in support of infrastructure configuration initiatives
- Mentor team members on communicating with external partners
- Communicate with internal Business clients in support of shareholder-impacting research requests
- Communicate with SI organizations and CM teams about infrastructure changes
- Provide brown-bag presentations about infrastructure and EMT product and service offerings to technical and business audiences
System administrators and developers with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills can expect to have a visible role in maintaining systems as well as implementing changes to position the messaging infrastructure and applications for the future in support of Vanguard’s strategic mission to provide more personalized services to our shareholders and more secure computing to our Business.
Specific skills or experience in the following areas:
- Unix / Linux (comfortable on the command line)
- Shell scripting (Korn, Python, perl)
- Operational support procedures and troubleshooting
- Production system support and maintenance during regular business hours
- Periodic 24/7 oncall primary and secondary production support. Current rotation is for team members once every 6 weeks.
- In-depth understanding of core Internet technologies (SMTP, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top