Infrastructure Security Architect
To assist in the execution of the vision, future direction, and initiative road-map for strategic, Security infrastructure technology programs and to help define the reference and implementation architectures for strategic, infrastructure technology solutions for Vanguard.
This position will lead security architecture initiatives partnering with architecture teams across Cloud, Co-location data centers and International infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Architecture Offices to secure major IT initiatives and investments.
- Drives technology planning, researching and proposing best in class security capabilities.
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, security infrastructure technology programs for Vanguard.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by helping to plan delivery of solutions; answers technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaches improved processes.
- Assists in determining security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researches information security standards; conducts system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studies architecture/platform; identifies integration issues.
- Assists in the plan and design of security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; develops requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software; adhering to industry standards.
- Has extensive knowledge of the virtual environment including VMware, Linux OS and Converged Infrastructure.
- Implements security systems by helping to specify intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directs equipment and software installation and calibration; prepares preventive and reactive measures. Creates, transmits, and maintains keys; provides technical support; completes documentation.
- Verifies security systems by developing and implementing test scripts. Maintains security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducts incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifies security gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements. Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participates in educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains personal networks; participates in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders. Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
- Utilizes a general understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for security architectural decision making.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferred or equivalent combination of training or experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in infrastructure security experience.
- Certification- CISSP required. GSEC preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top