Infrastructure Operations Specialist - I
Provides Level III operations support which includes identifying, resolving or escalating hardware and/or software issues that span multiple technology domains. (EUO)
Duties and Responsibilities
This staff member completes the following activities using comprehensive technical knowledge of distributed, mainframe and networking platforms:
Monitors and supports multiple technology domains/platforms through the use of monitoring tools and applications.
Identifies, diagnoses and resolves system alerts and time sensitive events that could impact system availability leveraging an escalation path when appropriate.
Addresses work requests in accordance with established service level commitments.
Adjusts workloads of the operating environment to provide optimum resources to applications, system jobs and testing.
Responds to system failures and works with support or vendor teams to minimize business impact.
Writes and maintains documentation for the IOPS organization.
Trains and mentors staff and IT project teams providing guidance and consultation as required.
Administers systems by actively managing patching, routine maintenance and backups to include the scheduling and execution of related tasks.
Participates in all meetings related to change, incident or problem management
Identifies performance issues and trends impacting system availability or expected behavior and work to incorporate them into the problem management process.
Identifies opportunities for improvement and participate in projects to enhance the operation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three years general business experience, including one year LAN Administrator or Tier II experience in technical specialty.
- Good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the following practices and concepts: Service level agreements, technical standards and deliverables, event triage and troubleshooting techniques, log files, network protocols.
- Working knowledge of multiple IT platforms: AS/400, IBM mainframe, distributed systems, OS/390.
- Working knowledge of current versions of the following products: Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top