Infrastructure Operations Analyst
To provide intermediate level Tier 2 IT services, including monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving hardware and/or software issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides intermediate level Tier 2 IT services, including monitoring, diagnosing, and resolving hardware and/or software issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Maintains and troubleshoots hardware and/or software systems (e.g., applications, proxy servers, and fire walls) on one or more platforms.
2. Trains and mentors staff and IT project teams. Troubleshoots and resolves issues elevated from staff.
3. Monitors and resolves automated system alerts and alarms that indicate system functions were not completed within established service levels. Communicates issue status to Technical Services groups.
4. Troubleshoots, configures, and tunes systems. Installs software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
5. Administers system activities (e.g., internet availability).
6. Answers the Tier 2 hotline and resolves issues. Maintains and reviews shift logs and turnover reports.
7. Identifies performance issues and trends. Identifies opportunities to improve system and application performance, including automating manual system tasks.
8. Adds, updates, and closes records in the IT Problem Management and Change Management databases. Reviews related records to identify requests that may have an impact on systems.
9. Participates in change management and related meetings to identify systems issues.
10. Updates and writes documentation, including policies and procedures. Updates and creates graphics, including IT problem notification flows.
11. Creates standard and ad hoc reports of significant system trends, including problem occurrences and responses.
12. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products. Reviews IT vendor literature to identify product deficiencies, work arounds, and scheduled patches and updates.
13. Complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Complies with Information Security policies and procedures.
14. Participates in special projects and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years’ LAN Administrator, or Tier 1 or 2 experience in technical specialty.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of the following Tier 2 practices and concepts: full product life cycle, networks, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting techniques, log files, network protocols (e.g., TCP IP, DLC, and ASYNC).
- Intermediate knowledge of one or more IT platforms: AS/400, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows NT, OS/390, UNIX.
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio.
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products, preferred: Netview, Tivoli Product Suite.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top