Infrastructure Engineer II - Video
To provide senior level expertise including documenting, testing, installing, monitoring, and configuring new and existing Unified Communication and Collaboration solutions. Solutions include Audio and Video Conferencing, Digital Signage Solutions, integration with Microsoft Collaboration tools and Smartboards.
- Provides expert level interactive visual technologies and conferencing services, including designing, installing, configuring, and integrating new solutions and equipment. Conducts POC and makes recommendations for go/no-go decision. Verifies equipment installations meet production acceptance standards.
- Tests and evaluates interactive technologies vendor products. Recommends vendor selections and new interactive technologies for all Vanguard locations.
- Provides expert level Tier 3 interactive technologies and conferencing services for the most complex issues elevated from the Support Center and Technical Services groups. Troubleshoots and resolves highly-visible and complex problems.
- Identifies performance issues, interprets trends (e.g., traces of network traffic), and implements improvements.
- Writes documentation, including policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and resolves the most complex issues related to interactive technology solutions.
- Facilitates network traffic, security, systems monitoring and related discussions with IT and business managers.
- Works closely with project managers and technical crew to implement reliable, manageable, and secure solutions for internal and external connections.
- Trains and mentors staff. Conducts formal training sessions, one-on-one training, and recommends training vendors.
- Completes systems capacity planning activities, including monitoring the conferencing platforms and establishing capacity metrics. Initiates actions to prevent system degradation caused by capacity issues.
- Identifies opportunities to automate or improve existing processes.
- Understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Minimum 5+ years industry or field experience, preferably collaboration technologies experience.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
Strong project leadership skills.
Strong group facilitation skills.
Advanced knowledge of the following telecom network practices and concepts: network security, network architecture design, technical standards and deliverables, troubleshooting tools (e.g., protocol analyzers, load generators, and network traces), software and hardware installation and configuration, network hardware, protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DLC, OSPF, and BGP).
Advanced knowledge of multiple IT platforms such as: Client/server, Microsoft Windows Server, Cisco routers and switches, UNIX/Linux, F5 Networks BIG-IP, DataPower XI50 Integration Appliance, Palo Alto Firewalls.
Expert knowledge of current versions of the following products: Cisco IOS, Microsoft Teams/O365, Visio, F5 Networks GTM/LTM, Cisco Video Hardware (TMS, CMM/CMS, UCM, Expressway-C/E).
Certifications preferred, but not required: Cisco Video Network Specialist certification.
Travel 30% if located outside of Pennsylvania.
On-call and remote support off hours will be required on a rotational basis.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Claire O.Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top