IIS PMO Manager
To provide expert level project management for cross divisional projects. To plan and orchestrates solutions across the division while ensuring that all projects under management meet expected delivery dates, budget allocations, and regulatory requirements.
This position is part of the newly formed IIS PMO in Institutional Investor Services. A key focus area for the IIS PMO will be leading Project Spinnaker, - the multi-year program coming out of the 2016 IIG Strategic Refresh with the goal of investing significantly in our institutional asset management capabilities, a highly visible initiative for IIG. The IIS PMO team will be working with leaders and crew in IIS, Sales, Consultant Relations, and with many key partners across IIG and Vanguard to implement the asset management strategy that includes significant people, process, and technology investment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates and counsel personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains responsibility for providing project management for subdivision. Communicates to the business clients and senior staff project status and issues during the project life cycle. Interacts extensively across department lines, including international departments.
- Develops strong working relationships with internal client management. Meets with client management to negotiate head count, project budget, and major deliverables. Assists clients with writing client deliverables and coordinates activities of other team members.
- Plans, develops, and executes short and long-range goals/strategies and operational plans to meet departmental and corporate objectives. Recommends solutions within established time frames and budgetary controls.
- Anticipates current and future needs of the organization and makes recommendations regarding project scope, schedule and budget. Evaluates alternatives for modifications to systems and recommend and/or make decisions on solutions that meet long-term business objectives and current organizational requirements. Recommends the most appropriate system solutions in accordance with the clients long-term goals and policies.
- Owns the Project management process in a sub-division and is responsible for ensuring the process controls are followed by all practitioners. Responsible for maturing the Project management process and related controls for the organization.
- Manages the evaluation and selection of vendor products and services, including contracting and consulting resources.
- Designs, develops, and maintains departmental budget. Manages expenses and ensures department operates within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures staff complies with policies and procedures, especially those for quality, productivity, service levels and architecture standards that enable the team to meet established project milestones. Ensures staff complies with all divisional and Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of five years general experience. Three years supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Strong team building skills.
- Project management experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong team building skills.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
This is considered a covered department under Vanguard's Political Contribution and Fundraising Activity Policy and may be subject to greater restrictions than those set out in the policy. Prior to moving into this position you will be required to disclose all political contributions made within the last two years.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top