IIS Performance Reporting Manager
To lead a team in the successful production and delivery of performance reports for IIS clients. Develop, manage and assist the team as they provide reports to external clients while collaborating with internal client relationship management team. In addition, sponsor efforts to design, develop and implement future state performance reporting model and team structure for IIS.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff, creating a strong team atmosphere. Conducts regular one-on-one meetings and provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends salary actions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages a team responsible for the various operations responsibilities related to performance reporting, as well as oversees the team members responsible for delivering projects related to reporting and developing the performance analytics to be used in reports.
- Establishes procedures to meet business' reporting needs in a changing environment. Initiates and manages workflow changes to ensure the highest level of service in terms of quality and timeliness. Identifies and reacts to changes in the business and legislative environment.
- Minimizes risk, monitors quality, productivity, business indicators, and management information. Develops plans to resolve reporting quality and workflow issues. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing solutions.
- Partners with various Vanguard departments including Legal, Risk, and PEx BTG, as well as third party vendor to ensure Vanguard's reporting product is in line with standards and requirements.
- Acts as the primary liaison between VIAS and outside vendor. Identifies critical operational requirements and assures compliance from all parties, assures service levels within established parameters, and partners with management to communicate strategies with appropriate parties.
- Identifies and leads continuous improvement opportunities to improve quality and productivity of the Performance Reporting team. Leverages technology and VUE tools and best practices to achieve highest quality.
- Leads, manages and oversees projects related to the operational and strategic objectives for performance reporting. Handles projects from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinates, prioritizes and actively manages tasks as needed to meet project timelines. Leads project meetings, communicates with relevant stakeholders, ensures requirements and priorities are understood and monitors and reports on project progress. Makes proposals to senior leadership regarding performance reporting related projects and issues.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as statistics, mathematics, economics or an applied social science. Graduate level preferred. Academic training in relevant subject matter and applied statistics preferred.
- Minimum five years of investment experience. Two or more years experience with having direct reports or equivalent leadership development program experience.
- CFA or progress toward attaining charter preferred
- Strong analytical skills and investment acumen. Solid understanding of investment concepts related to investment performance, attribution, and risk statistics
- Excellent project management, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Opportunity to build team
- Ability to influence and shape the vision for a best-in-class reporting offer
- Chance to strengthen investment acumen serving many of IIG's most sophisticated clients
This is considered a covered department under Vanguard's Political Contribution and Fundraising Activity Policy and may be subject to greater restrictions than those set out in the policy. Prior to moving into this position you will be required to disclose all political contributions made within the last two years.
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top