Identity Engineer - Global Risk and Security
- Malvern, PA
In this role you will:
- Provide intermediate level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translate technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develop code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Write programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employ contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevate code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provide follow up Production support. Submit change control requests and documents.
- Follow software development methodology. Follow architecture standards.
- Participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participate in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
- Participate in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Write the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assist technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Understand client business functions and technology needs. Understand Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Comply with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verify deliverables to meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum 3 years developer or systems analyst experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of the following development practices and concepts: •Quality assurance methodology and Inspections •Use case standards •Systems analysis and design techniques •System/subsystem requirements •Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards •Screen, report, and query design
- Intermediate knowledge of current versions of the following products: •Microsoft Office Suite •Visio
- Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. - Fri., normal business hours.
- On call and remote support off hours: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
- Travel: For Charlotte, NC-based staff, limited travel to Valley Forge, PA is required for new employee orientation, project kickoff meetings, other meetings, and training.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top