Identity Access Management Advisor
To contribute to the continued advancement and the vision of Identity and Access Management (IAM) at Vanguard. To provide strategic direction and expert level subject matter expertise for the most critical and complex initiatives for the IAM agenda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides expert level IAM subject matter expertise to strategic IAM initiatives across the enterprise. Integrates key insights and IAM industry trends to ensure output is a well-informed direction. Acts as a trusted partner to IAM Services, IAM Operations, and IT. Makes sound decisions based on understanding of the overall department and subdivision goals.
- Examples may include applying expertise gained from: continuously pursuing advanced knowledge and maintaining an understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services; establishing working relationships with appropriate solution providers and partners (e.g. PwC, IGA providers, etc.); leveraging knowledge capital available through subscription research services that target IAM industry and solutions, attending industry conferences and engaging in associated activities (conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.)
- Skilled at driving strategic decisions and influencing senior leaders on key aspects of the IAM methodology and approach. Some examples may include, but are not limited to: level of segregation of duties rule set, depth and granularity of entitlement collection to best support the enterprise, and adoption of new processes or systems. Provides leadership to ensure strong coordination and planning across the IAM department for strategic process decisions. For example, recommendations for Segregation of Duties aligns with the objectives of the full department.
- Works closely with IAM and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) leadership and their teams to align strategies with overall business objectives. Establishes relationships with senior ERM and security leaders for the purpose of advancing IAM agenda and solutions. Represents IAM in enterprise programs.
- Coaches and mentors more junior ERM & IAM crew members.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking and technical skills.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of processes, technology, and operational concepts.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, risk and control and technical information security safeguards. Sound judgment and ability to evaluate issues/problems of high complexity and make appropriate decisions
- Proficiency in, or willingness to learn about, Microsoft Office Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong influencing skills, including negotiation and problem solving.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top