IBM Infosphere Systems Specialist
The Vanguard Data Governance IT team is looking for a Technology Specialist interested in building out, enhancing, and supporting our IBM Infosphere Information Server infrastructure. Data governance, lineage, traceability, and quality are strategic imperatives for Vanguard and we are on the forefront of this effort.Seeking candidates with experience in Java based applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translates intermediate-level user-defined capabilities into system/product requirements. Works with other technology specialists to understand business rationale and client expectations.
- Assesses the feasibility of requirement implementation and makes informed recommendations to management. Suggests mutually agreeable alternatives, when applicable.
- Implements agreed upon solutions to documented business needs. Customizes (recodes) standard third-party vendor products to comply with business needs.
- Evaluates success of product modification and regularly monitors performance to ensure ongoing utility. Resolves complex issues as they arise.
- Integrates third-party products into the Vanguard environment, frequently with the collaboration of Systems Integration teams. Evaluates vendor products with respect to technical requirements to fill business capability needs, product maturity, and integration complexity.
- Provides subject matter expertise in assigned projects through all phases of the development lifecycle. Defines field of use, standards, and best practices around assigned products and technologies.
- Supports assigned products by responding independently to client inquiries and resolving issues of intermediate complexity.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of three years experience in area of technical expertise. Advanced experience with a product or technical area (e.g. IBM Information Server, Cognos, SAS, DataStage, Web Trends, Documentum, TeamSite, FileNet, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP), Shell Scripting and Java needed
- Experience in IBM BPM (Lombardi), REST Services, and SQL script/store process integration needed
- Must have knowledge with LINUX OS, Oracle stored procedures, and project related DB changes.
- Experience with BAM/Security coordination and management
- Familiarity with Java delivery using Subversion, Jenkins, Nexus and Blade Logic.
- Control-M experience is required for batch jobs and scheduling
- Understanding of software engineering processes and system development life cycles.
- Strong problem solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills and capability to lead teams.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top