IAM Systems Access Analyst I
The IAM Systems Access Analyst I (TS02) will work play a lead role on one or more of the Privileged Access deliveries for managing database, server and telecom access. The key responsibilities will be to gather and communicate requirements, collaborate on design approach, drive Agile implementation, remove impediments, and certify deliverables. A strong partnership with IAM Technology, ES&F, GTO, DPE, and IT Controls will be critical to success. This role will provide an opportunity for the crew member to develop subject matter expertise in the area of privileged access management, Agile delivery, and the CyberArk tool set.
Privileged accounts represent the largest security vulnerability organizations face today
. In the hands of cyber attackers, privileged accounts allow malicious individuals to take full control of IT infrastructure, steal confidential information, commit financial fraud, and disrupt operations. Stolen or misused privileged credentials are used in nearly all data breaches.
IAM is committed to ensuring that the right people and controls are in place to keep privileged access secure.
To that end, we are building out a team to protect our critical infrastructure and applications.
In 2017, the Vanguard Identity & Access Management function will grow its Privileged Access capability
by expanding use of ID Vault for applications, databases, servers, and network devices as well as partner with strategic programs, like Segmentation, Cloud, and DCT, to manage shared and personal access. In order to drive success,
we are building out the IAM Privileged Access team within the IAM Transformation program
with the goal of transition the team to the steady state IAM Technology by 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in Change Management calls and acts as the subject matter expert on platforms. Leads or participates in projects to support the evaluation and implementation of security administration software as well as components within the systems development methodology. Participates on project teams to evaluate vendor products. Analyzes the access impact of each request and determines the appropriate implementation path.
- Establishes and maintains effective service relationships with departments and divisions by: (1) keeping them informed of the status of their access requests and projects; (2) understanding their business needs and escalating these needs as necessary; (3) providing them with information regarding their access questions and concerns; and (4) providing them with non-technical answers to access questions and the rationale behind policies, procedures, monitoring and best practices.
- Partners with IAM, Information Security, IT and other business partners to implement appropriate and consistent IAM requirements that meet IAM policy and standards. Analyzes and provides recommendations to enhance existing IAM policy and standards based on technical expertise. Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation on technical issues or concerns as needed. When identified, shares knowledge and performs internal mentoring.
- Provides support within the department for issues related to technology, platforms, environments or access administration. Applies knowledge of risk ranking of the various technology platforms and environments when resolving issues. Identifies improvement opportunities, evaluates costs, and presents recommendations to management.
- Designs and develops technical documentation for security administration software, platform and environment security access. Actively participates in the development of tools to automate access management services and to implement access and security policies and standards. Initiates, designs and develops the documentation required to support application onboarding.
- Maintains and develops an awareness of issues, current developments and best practices within the Identity & Access Management discipline. Presents recommendations to management that could improve or resolve Vanguard's security access issues.
- Supports governance teams with internal and external audit walk-through's.
- Maintains an awareness of the Identity and Access Management department dashboard. Identifies opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team, department and processes.
- Participates in or leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with information security, network administration or IT (minimum 3-5 years)
- Extensive background in information technology, a related field or combination of training and experience
- Advanced knowledge of: ACF2, JCL and Utilities, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows NT Network Security Administration
- Advanced knowledge of: AS/400 Security Administration, DB2, Report Archiving, SDSF, Sybase Security Administration, including SQL, TSO, UNIX, LDAP, Active Directory
- Comprehensive knowledge of security administration theories, practices and concepts
- Strong knowledge of Vanguard's enterprise-wide security administration tools
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
You should be aware this will designate you as a
Fund Access Person
and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions. For more information see the following article.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position*
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top