IAM System Access Analyst
Identity Access Management (IAM) is a crucial function in today's world of cyber security and ensures that the right identities have the right access at the right time to perform their function. Vanguard is seeking an experienced IAM professional to analyze, assess, recommend and implement security associated with new technologies, new and existing technology platforms/environments, and software used across Vanguard's global enterprise. The chosen candidate will contribute to building and maintaining a comprehensive access administration architecture across a new infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads or participates in projects to support the evaluation and implementation of security administration software as well as components within the systems development methodology. Participates on project teams to evaluate vendor products. Analyzes the access impact of each request and determines the appropriate
- implementation path.
- Participates in Change Management calls and acts as the subject matter expert on platforms.
- Establishes and maintains effective service relationships with departments and divisions by: (1) keeping them informed of the status of their access requests and projects; (2) understanding their business needs and escalating these needs as necessary; (3) providing them with information regarding their access questions and concerns; and (4) providing them with non-technical answers to access questions and the rationale behind policies, procedures, monitoring and best practices.
- Partners with other in IAM, Information Security, IT and other business partners to implement appropriate and consistent IAM requirements that meet IAM policy and standards. Analyzes and provides recommendations to enhance existing IAM policy and standards based on technical expertise. Provides subject matter expertise and technical consultation on technical issues or concerns as needed. When identified, shares knowledge and performs internal mentoring.
- Provides support within the department for issues related to technology, platforms, environments or access administration. Applies knowledge of risk ranking of the various technology platforms and environments when resolving issues. Identifies improvement opportunities, evaluates costs, and presents recommendations to management.
- Designs and develops technical documentation for security administration software, platform and environment security access. Actively participates in the development of tools to automate access management services and to implement access and security policies and standards. Initiates, designs and develops the documentation required to support application onboarding.
- Maintains and develops an awareness of issues, current developments and best practices within the Identity & Access Management discipline. Presents recommendations to management that could improve or resolve Vanguard's security access issues.
- Supports governance teams with internal and external audit walkthroughs.
- Maintains an awareness of the Identity and Access Management department dashboard. Identifies opportunities to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team, department and processes.
- Participates in or leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Experience with information security, network administration or IT (minimum 3-5 years)
- Extensive background in information technology, a related field or combination of training and experience
- Advanced knowledge of: ACF2, JCL and Utilities, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Windows NT Network Security Administration
- Advanced knowledge of: AS/400 Security Administration, DB2, Report Archiving, SDSF, Sybase Security Administration, including SQL, TSO, UNIX, LDAP, Active Directory, AWS, Azure
- Experience with Sailpoint Identity IQ
- Comprehensive knowledge of security administration theories, practices and concepts
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top