Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a IAM Architect to provide expert level IT architecture analysis and design for identifying, consulting and solving enterprise-wide infrastructure and also to provide a range of architecture services, including architecture reviews, audits, 3rd party product evaluations, internally developed prototypes, and buy/build recommendations and other assigned services.
This individual must provide thought leadership and help build out the Identity and Access Management (IAM) roadmap.
- IAM domain experience in areas such as identity management, provisioning, authentication, authorization, certification/governance, monitoring along with experience in security best practices
- Strong experience with Rest Web services, SAML 2.0, Siteminder,WS-Federation, OAuth, WS-Security, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and other authentication/authorization protocols
- Designing IAM and SSO architectures
- Development skills scripting, packaging, provisioning approvals, IAM workflows and role-based access control
- Java/J2EE programming experience in designing, coding, testing and implementing large enterprise applications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides IT architecture analysis and design for project and program with an toward enterprise-wide infrastructure and architecture standards.
- Conducts architecture reviews to assess impact of proposed systems and prepare mitigation plans. Recommends IT project team viable architecture choices. Partners with IT leaders and project team to understand project needs, advise and influence on implementation choices. Ensures project teams’ compliance with architecture standards and key controls, especially Production acceptance standards.
- Supports, communicates and advocates the multi-year architecture plan. Provides cross-team technical leadership across multiple project teams and organizations to maintain an ongoing productive relationship.
- Assists IT project teams in creating architecture documentation, including technical reviews and related infrastructure documents, architecture planning estimates, performance test plans, and IT architecture deliverables. Contributes to and is compliant with best practices such as, remaining consistent with the deliverable responsibilities outlined in our Software Development Methodology. Reviews and approves architecture-related documents developed by peers and project technical leadership.
- Conceptualizes, analyzes and designs prototypes/systems that are consistent, compatible, reusable, scalable, available, reliable, maintainable, have optimal manageability and security, and perform well logically and physically. Provide hands on help to projects in all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle. Takes on initiative to create proof of concept solutions to prove out new architectures or solutions.
- Stays current with industry trends. Evaluates and tests 3rd party and open source products, and recommends buy/build. Interfaces with architecture best practices trade organizations and research firms.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves the most complex issues elevated from IT project teams (production or non-production). Recommends alternatives that improve system performance and/or optimize productivity and costs.
- Identifies and mitigates risks of introducing architecture technology enhancements.
- Ensures that IT project teams comply with IT Governance policies and procedures. Verifies deliverables meet Information Security and Vanguard Systems Architecture requirements. Develops and maintains technical standards.
- Coaches other technical members of the team to develop their technical skills and competencies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience. Degree in computer science or computer engineering, preferred.
- Minimum eight years experience in specific technical specialty (Hardware, Operating Systems, Software Development, Telecommunications and Emerging Technologies) See additional information in TCOYC for the specific requirements for this posting. Broad IT experience preferred.
- Exceptional conceptual, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation and influencing/negotiation skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry preferred.
- Expert conceptual knowledge leveraging architecture practices and implementation concepts, such as:
- standards compliance
- General knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Operating Systems
- Data Models
- Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. – Fri., normal business hours
- Remote and off hours support and on call.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top