To provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for mainframe-, client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
This staff member completes the following activities under moderate direction:
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develops code that reuses subroutines or objects, is well structured, includes sufficient comments, and is easy to maintain. Writes programs, ad hoc queries, and reports.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves issues elevated from staff with less experience.
5. Participates in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients.
6. Performs systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
7. Writes the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
8. Acts as a system tester for unit, integration, systems, acceptance, and related testing. Writes the test plan to ensure requirements are satisfied.
9. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard’s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
10. Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
11. Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
12. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years developer or systems analyst experience.
- Experience in Developing Essbase cubes including calculation scripts
- Understanding of Hyperion architecture Experience in Hyperion planning modules – Experience in configuring DRM/DRG modules is preferred
- Experience with integration from PeopleSoft is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of one or more development tools and programming languages in the SOE/SDE list:
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
- Demonstrate a track record of strong database and data access analysis, design and implementation skills/capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more testing tools, performance tools, and scripting languages in the SOE/SDE list, preferred:
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
- Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
- Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
- Use case standards.
- Systems analysis and design techniques.
- System/subsystem requirements.
- Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
- Screen, report, and query design.
1. Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. – Fri., normal business hours.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top