HR Senior Technology Specialist
To manage and provide strategic direction for the portfolio of HR technologies while providing ongoing production and project support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic technical direction for CoEs, HRBPs, and Crew Central with all new technology / application implementations (e.g., new talent platform). Plan, select, implement and support new HR applications and integrations to meet the changing needs of the organization(s). Anticipate and assess clients' needs/objectives, provide innovative strategic solutions, through planning and consultation. Perform and manage requirements gathering, configuration, documentation, data loading and testing. Own communication of progress, issues, and solutions to management and business project clients and stakeholders to obtain their input as appropriate.
- Manages and provides strategic direction for the HR technology project portfolio, including maintenance of existing applications and enhancement requests; specifically in the Workday functional areas: Talent, Performance Management and Career Development. Maintains product roadmaps (12-18 month plan for product advancement).
- Plan, manage and execute complex HR application configuration changes (e.g., workflow, rules, etc.) and maintain documentation for business process maps, workbooks, and procedures as needed to address business needs (complex defect remediation, large enhancements).
- Partners with IT to establish innovative technology strategies, practices and priorities in line with the broader business strategy. Maintain an understanding of Vanguard's non-HR technologies, tools and applications, including those that interface with supported business areas and systems. Assist in the coordination of application integrations and testing with the Information Technology organization and vendors.
- Plans and manages regularly scheduled application upgrade releases with core technology vendors (Workday, Cornerstone, Salesforce, etc.) according to scheduled delivery times. Assesses release features and initiates enhancement projects to adopt new functionality or change existing processes where appropriate. Leads testing efforts (e.g., regression testing) and approval for system elevations. Implements change management with HR business clients.
- Stay current with new HR technology, trends and techniques. Attend user groups and participate in user based communities to learn and advance functionality. Provide research, information, and cost-benefit analysis to clients for large/complex enhancement requests. Recommend direction and alternatives to achieve both long- and short-term objectives. Plan, select, implement and support new HR applications and integrations to meet changing business needs.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Vanguard's HR technologies, tools and applications across various HR business areas.
- Support new and existing crew by training, mentoring and coaching to improve overall team business and technical acumen.
- Supports completeness/accuracy/timeliness of data and data integrity by supporting risk and audit activities, including ensuring data integrity and privacy compliance. Maintain the proper security and access rights surrounding the data and take reasonable steps to assure data is used within set policies. Facilitate requests for data and fulfill requests that meet policies, and approve and rectify user access to data.
- Build strategic relationships with process owners and the Process Quality & Operational Risk Management Team Lead in the continuous improvement of current processes. Identify technology implications and recommend technology solutions in conjunction with IT team to improve efficiency and/or effectiveness.
- Partner with HR clients, Information Technology counterparts, BAM, HR Reporting and HR technology vendors to meet HR business goals.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years (post-implementation) configuration experience in Workday functional areas (Talent, Performance Management and Career Development).
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Understanding of the HR technology portfolio (Cognos/Workforce Analytics, Workday, Cornerstone, Salesforce.com, Varicent, etc.) and supporting technologies such as Sharepoint, Crewnet, etc.
- Understanding of risk, data governance and audit requirements.
- Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Attentive to details, deadlines.
- Strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate technical/process dependencies within HR systems.
- Demonstrated ability to function in global, fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top