HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner
Be the HR voice with the business
Vanguard is changing how the world invests. As a trusted HR leader with vision, you'll ensure that our business groups are mission-ready with the talent, performance, and change management know-how they need to help our clients succeed. We have opportunities for multiple professionals to shine and build out this function in several areas.
This means bringing human capital knowledge and expertise to all that we do. Through positive, straightforward communication and interpersonal savvy, you'll provide a strategic alliance between the division's business groups and HR. We have an outstanding people reputation. Join us and make it count.
In this high-visibility role, you will...
- Lead with vision to develop, then drive, the strategy that evolves the human capital agenda for your business group.
- Provide hybrid knowledge in leadership development, total rewards, and talent management, while using your general intuition for business.
- You're able to improve performance and measure efficiency, optimizing our workforce and closing talent gaps.
- Develop strong working relationships with leadership, mentoring and influencing without formal, direct authority.
- Serves as a steward of culture and inclusion.
Turn your passion into opportunity
At Vanguard, our highly engaged crew is driving the future of investing. As a trustworthy, strategic partner, you'll guide business clients through every human dimension of the business. In this key role, you'll use your essential HR, business, leadership and communication skills to build your own profile alongside ours. Together, we can make a difference.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of eight years related business experience
- Thorough knowledge of employment law
- Excellent project management, leadership, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of financial services and the asset management sector preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment while handling multiple, competing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills; logical and analytical thinker, comfort with data and analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to executive leaders
- People leadership skills to enable working on cross functional teams
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top