High Net Worth Client Manager
To coach, develop and manage performance of exempt crew in accordance with Vanguard policies, departmental standards and regulatory requirements. To manage a multi-billion dollar retail investment client base, directly shape the client experience and drive growth by analyzing client trends, guiding crew on client strategies, leading an extended team of direct reports, and working closely with internal partners.
Join a high performing team as a Client Manager : Client Managers in Flagship Primary lead a team of 10 tenured financial professionals, serving approximately 25,000 high net worth clients with a total of $15 billion in assets under management at Vanguard, all of whom expect best in class service and best in class leadership. Client Managers lean into Coaching and Developing Crew to become a high performing team of choice, Conceptual Thinking and Business Acumen to drive investor success, and Relationship Management and Leadership Impact to build an exceptional service experience.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Focus on leading a team of tenured professionals who are currently the second highest engaged group of professionals in RIG.
- Directly coach the professional growth and career development of professionals passionate about relationship management and financial guidance and advice.
- Become a model partner to your professionals, peers, and supporting departments
- Demonstrate missionary zeal in leading the embodiment of our core mission for clients.
- Take an active role in guiding crew to uncover the unique needs critical to client success, and to deepening and growing relationships.
- Heavily rely on conceptual thinking necessary to enable success for clients in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Be innovative as we introduce a more seamless and convenient set of personalized service options.
- Flex and adapt to changing conditions and ideate new paths forward as needed.
- Be a change agent for clients, crew, and partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
Assists team with their client base, by helping to resolve complex problems using research, reviewing client accounts, risk evaluation, and offering just-in-time resolutions to the client.
Works closely with colleagues to develop and implement consultative strategies to service the affluent client base.
Suggests improvements and provides analysis/feedback to representatives and management.
Forges relationships with the appropriate decision makers in other departments while exhibiting strong judgment and creativity in meeting client needs.
Balances departmental productivity, quality metric guidelines, and relationship management.
Responds quickly to industry and internal developments.
Reviews and implements changes to departmental policies and procedures to further evolve the team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor representatives to identify client needs, improve Net Promoter Scores, and optimize the client experience.
- Strong supervisory/management experience in customer service, relationship management or sales environment (Flagship experience preferred).
- Strong investment and financial industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to be accountable for client feedback and outcomes.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, employ problem-solving skills and motivate change.
- Strong analytical abilities to diagnose performance issues and draft action plans.
- Deep understanding of Vanguard policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Series 7, 63, and 24 licenses or the ability to obtain licenses within the department guidelines.
- If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations. Please note, the credit and criminal check requirement does not apply to crew who are currently registered with FINRA.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top