High Net Worth Client Manager
To coach, develop and manage performance of exempt crew in accordance with Vanguard policies, departmental standards and regulatory requirements. To manage a multi-billion dollar retail investment client base, directly shape the client experience and drive growth by analyzing client trends, guiding crew on client strategies, leading an extended team of direct reports, and working closely with internal partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with the applicable HR policies and procedures.
2. Assists team with their client base, by helping to resolve complex problems using research, reviewing client accounts, risk evaluation, and offering just-in-time resolutions to the client.
3. Works closely with colleagues to develop and implement consultative strategies to service the affluent client base.
4. Suggests improvements and provides analysis/feedback to representatives and management.
5. Forges relationships with the appropriate decision makers in other departments while exhibiting strong judgment and creativity in meeting client needs.
6. Balances departmental productivity, quality metric guidelines, and relationship management.
7. Responds quickly to industry and internal developments.
8. Reviews and implements changes to departmental policies and procedures to further evolve the team.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong ability to coach and mentor representatives to identify client needs, improve Net Promoter Scores, and optimize the client experience.
- Strong supervisory/management experience in customer service, relationship management or sales environment (Flagship experience preferred).
- Strong investment and financial industry knowledge preferred.
- Ability to be accountable for client feedback and outcomes.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities, employ problem-solving skills and motivate change.
- Strong analytical abilities to diagnose performance issues and draft action plans.
- Deep understanding of Vanguard policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Series 7, 63, and 24 licenses or the ability to obtain licenses within the department guidelines.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Leads and coaches a team of 8-12 assigned representatives, each managing a book of business, consisting of approximately 600 households.
- Overall book of business is approximately $8 billion
Back to top