Head of UX/Design
Head of UX Design
Make investing intuitive through the user experience
In this role you will manage the design, implementation, and maintenance of the digital user experience. The Head of UX Design will own the the development of the most complex design solutions that have an impact across a variety of users and divisions.
In this role you will
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Expertly manages user interface (UI) design services of large-scale program-level initiatives. Partners with teams across the enterprise in defining and communicating the design direction.
- Works in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders. Takes into account every aspect of the user's experience, with business and marketing goals, to coordinate and deliver design, prototype, and documentation, to the highest possible standards. Has advanced knowledge of user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions, and Vanguard's brand.
- Establishes and maintains design consistency, standards, and accuracy on all projects. Ensures implementation of standards within design group.
- Expertly presents design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensure the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
- Develops and leverages a professional network across the enterprise to foster collaboration within the department to support department-wide initiatives, and to improve the ability of the department in resolving issues.
- Partners with IT project teams throughout development to execution. Tests or oversees testing of coded UI to ensure adherence to defined design and behaviors. Serves as an informal functional tester for web UI design projects.
- Trains and mentors junior staff in best practices of user experience design. Provides guidance, training, and motivation.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
A design experience that delivers
We educate and inform clients, crew, and the rest of the world by creating high-quality, easy-to-understand communications delivered through a variety of media and channels. We partner with the Institutional Investor Group to effectively tell the Vanguard story, grow the business, and foster client loyalty.
- Minimum eight years related work experience, three years of User Experience or User Interface experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience in a creative or technical field. Graduate degree preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top