Head of Sales Segmentation and Territory Coverage, Financial Advisor Services
Improve how we work to impact investors
At Vanguard, we deliver rare value to our clients by making sure every aspect of our business is focused on value too. As the Head of Segmentation and Territory Coverage within our Financial Advisor Services division, you'll optimize territory management, set sales goals, and own compensation governance, keeping us focused on the right objectives. As part of the Sales Enablement team, you'll use your leadership, strong quantitative experience, and relationship building savvy to develop and improve organizational functions in one of our largest and most profitable divisions, FAS. The FAS Division has $2 Trilliion in assets and works with many of the largest financial institutions across all intermediary channels including Broker Dealers, Banks, Registered Investment Advisors, and Insurance companies.
In this role you will
- Develop and maintain value-based segmentation of FAS' clients. Partner with the Marketing and FAS Offer organizations to ensure that there is consistency and alignment in the implementation of the client segmentation across the offer and distribution groups. Work with partner organizations to effectively incorporate and combine client personas with value-based segmentation.
- Designing and leading all of the sales regions to ensure FAS has equitable distribution of the territories and an efficient use of its sales resources. On an ongoing basis reviews the aggregate potential and actual sales activities by FAS sales in order to ensure FAS has the appropriate sales footprint with advisors and professional buyers has a data-based and clear process through which it serves as the arbitrator of potential sales territory or client coverage issues.
- Use your knowledgeable business insight and sophisticated analytical practices to calculate sales-related channel, regional or individual goals including cash flows, number of sales meetings and other client touchpoints, and market share.
- Lead the sales compensation governance process which including offering recommendations on sales goals, ensuring successful calculation of and implementation of sales compensation process, and providing recommendation on process improvement.
- Develop and lead staff, building a strong team atmosphere. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings and provide mentorship, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff to help them reach their full potential. Hire, evaluate and coach crew.
- Partner with senior leaders and stakeholders from Sales, Information Technology, Marketing, Analytics, Data and other parts of the organization to help craft the overall direction of the organization. Align the functions within FAS Segmentation and Territory Coverage with the division's goal and direction to ensure opportunities and logistics are optimized.
- Represent Sales Strategy and Operations within the FAS organization and across the enterprise. Participate on or chair various types of governance committees. Effectively communicate and delivers presentations to top executive audiences.
Be a decision-maker who influences the future
You're a leader with expertise in segmentation, territory design, and goal setting. You like data and can use it to build from scratch or take what's there and make it even better. Influencing senior leaders comes easy to you as you are a relationship builder. You have a passion for people leadership that makes a positive impact on the teams you touch.
What it takes
- Minimum of eight years related work experience. Five years of experience in sales process management preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop a command of new concepts, including big data/data analytics/business intelligence, marketing measurement/ROI; complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Impactful skills in people leadership, strategic thinking, project management and prioritizing work.
- Ability to successfully lead a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully up, down and sideways in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior executives.
- The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top