Head of Retail Marketing Analytics & Operations
Advance the Investment Industry
Vanguard's Retail Investor Group strives to give millions of individual investors across the U.S. the best chance for investment success. As the Head of Retail Marketing Analytics and Operations, reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer for the retail division, you'll be responsible for leading 12 Senior Managers and Managers and 60 staff to evolve and continually enhance the effectiveness of our marketing analytics, marketing operations and technology, and marketing planning practices. You'll cultivate strong relationships with Marketing Strategy, Channel Management, and Creative Services and with senior leaders across the Retail Investor Group, Marketing Technology Solutions, IT, and the Center for Analytics & Insights in order to drive more effective and efficient marketing decisions and programs. You'll bring a marketer's mindset and expertise in developing and implementing marketing technology stacks and tools (experience with Adobe or IBM suites a plus); managing cross-channel marketing automation, personalization, content management, campaign management, and CRM tools and marketing programs in partnership with in-house teams and external partners; and building and maturing core analytics capabilities (e.g., cloud data infrastructure, marketing mix modeling, multi-touch attribution, journey analytics, experimentation platforms, etc.). You'll develop and communicate a clear and compelling multi-year vision and roadmap for the marketing analytics and operations function, and will use your strong relationships, storytelling, and influence to encourage investment in and adoption of new capabilities. You'll leverage your connections with leading edge companies to continually evolve our marketing infrastructure, tools, and practices, and you'll integrate these new capabilities with urgency and a drive for tangible business value. You'll be an inspiring leader committed to attracting and developing talented marketing analytics and operations professionals and will serve as a passionate evangelist of their power throughout Vanguard.
In this role, you will
- Manage staff. Support hiring of staff and provides guidance, training, and motivation as necessary to develop staff in accordance with established Vanguard standards. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Define the strategic approach and execution plan to provide insights and analytical services to leaders and marketing crew in support of the divisional priorities.
- Partner with business leaders, peers and marketing management to provide strategic assessment of key areas of growth and client support to help shape broader strategy and marketing plans.
- Define, design and implement the client insight reporting and data information needs for the various business and marketing groups throughout the business line and marketing.
- Lead the center of excellence around personalization, cross-channel and cross-strategy.
- Manage the business technology portfolio, product teams and experimentation function in support of the digital agenda owned by the divisional marketing team. Oversee the quality of delivery, governance of experimentation portfolio, and the budget.
- Partner with business line operations leaders, IT, and CAI to develop and manage the infrastructure and processes for reporting/information requests/delivery of insights to business.
- Own and manage the internal data-related relationships with key business partners/shared services groups including, but not limited to: IT, Client Analytics and Insight, operational units, Enterprise Data Governance/Privacy, and Information Security.
- Partner with peers within the divisional marketing team to shape the marketing plan and run the business of the divisional marketing organization.
- Lead special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience (Masters or professional degree preferred).
- Minimum 8 years' relevant work and business experience in strategy, customer insights, data analytics, operations management or information technology.
- Broad understanding/familiarity with Vanguard's business and the investment industry.
- Demonstrated ability to: quickly develop a command of new concepts, including big data/data analytics/business intelligence, marketing measurement/ROI; complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Excellent skills in people leadership, strategic thinking, project management and prioritizing work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse group of professionals and skilled at working through others along with experience in building and leading teams.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully up, down and sideways in the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- The ability to work in an ad-hoc/dynamic and fast-paced environment with frequent time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top