Head of Retail Client Experience and Digital (CXD) Analytics
- Malvern, PA
Transform Our Clients' Experience
Client Experience - Digital (CXD) is a dynamic team. Everything we do is to evolve and improve our Retail client's digital experiences. Our goal is to transform the way our Retail clients experience Vanguard using data, analytics and insights that support strategic decision-making and drive digital solutions and personalization at scale.
As the Head of Retail Client Experience and Digital Analytics, you will lead the function and application of advanced analytics, journey analytics and data engineering. You will champion the needs for data, tools, processes and talents to continuously develop and scale up analytics capabilities across the CXD.
In this role you will
- Sets strategic goals for CX analytics, develops operational plans to achieve these goals, incorporating strategic priorities for Vanguard and an assessment of needs for analytics to support CXD labs, and the program broadly.
- Builds and scales up advanced analytics (AI/ML) capabilities for the Retail CXD program with a focus on developing deep understanding of client behaviors and solving important business questions with big data and advanced methodology.
- Lead and advance the use of experimentation across the retail division.
- As a member of the CXD leadership team, supports the development and implementation of long term strategy, and tactically in the launching of new labs and support of existing labs.
- Partners and consults with senior management to deliver analytical insights on strategy and client base.
- Leads and develops a team with deep and diverse expertise in advance analytics, data engineering, analytics consulting including specialized knowledge in business intelligence reporting and analytics tools.
- Builds strong working relationships across business division to identify and coordinate CXD's needs for analytics. Partner with Information Technology and Marketing Technology to evaluate new tools and technologies for analytics.
- Directs resources towards bringing innovation to the use of big data, predictive, and prescriptive analytics at Vanguard. Leads a process to coordinate and identify areas for technology investments and ongoing support.
- Effectively represents Vanguard in external opportunities, such as speaking at conferences and industry events. Actively identifies and forms partnerships with external experts (universities, industry associations) and partners in data and analytics to bringing in new ideas, technology and talents.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in an analytically oriented major, such as engineering, statistics, mathematics or an applied social science. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum ten years of relevant work experience in applied quantitative functions and management.
- Proven ability to think and perform strategically, bringing innovative solutions to complex client or prospect situations.
- Strong knowledge of the application of analytical approaches in solving business problems, with emphasis on in AI/ML and experimentation platforms
- Ability to develop broad and deep partnerships internally and externally. Ability to consult with senior business leaders.
- Excellent executive presence, poise and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and personnel development skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top