Head of MarTech Product
- Malvern, PA
Create products that are changing an industry.
At Vanguard, we continue to invest in transforming our organizations to support the rapid growth of marketing. Driven by core tenets of modern marketing - agile marketing, digital experience, Big Data, customer-centricity, compelling content, and marketing automation - we focused on designing structures, operating models, and processes that will enable us to support our business imperatives effectively. We believe that transformation is a movement that requires alignment of team values and mindset to build a cohesive culture across our business and technology teams.
The Enterprise MarTech Platforms technology group is empowering Vanguard Marketing divisions to reach their audiences in more meaningful and relevant ways, driving incremental business value with personalized, data-driven contextually relevant experiences. We never stop working to make investing simpler, seamless, and more successful for our clients. We combine the art of content and the science of experimentation to power world-class, coordinated customer and prospect experiences across digital and traditional marketing channels.
In this role, you will lead Vanguard's MarTech Product team, responsible for guiding, evolving, and implementing the Enterprise Marketing Technology vision and roadmap across the full breadth of Vanguard's MarTech capabilities and platforms. You will lead a high-impact team of product managers who are accountable for directing and prioritizing the activities of agile teams, based on a relentless focus on client needs and a strong understanding of business drivers.
As a senior strategic partner to Vanguard's divisional and corporate Marketing teams, you will develop a holistic understanding of their respective MarTech, and Data platform needs across the customer marketing lifecycle. You will work in close collaboration with the Head of MarTech Engineering and Head of MarTech Operations to ensure the right initiatives are prioritized for implementation and closely align with Vanguard's marketing priorities and divisional business outcomes.
IN THIS HIGH-VISIBILITY ROLE, YOU WILL:
• Partner with Vanguard's Retail, FAS, Institutional, and International Marketing leaders to understand their respective MarTech vision and capability needs as it relates to the business objectives and customer outcomes they are trying to drive
• Strategize and execute the overall MarTech product vision across the integrated customer life cycle marketing encompassing four key product domains: Acquisition, Experience, Marketing Automation & Enablement, Data, Identity, & Analytics
• Develop a holistic understanding of the underlying product(s) within each MarTech domain, how they are leveraged across different areas of Vanguard's business, and how they connect into the broader marketing technology ecosystem within Vanguard
• Build deep credibility and relationships with our divisional Marketing clients and leaders, serve as an advisor and advocate for the solutions designed by the MarTech Platforms team
• Own the evolution of the MarTech Roadmap. Based on the technology landscape, market trends, and divisional needs, partner with product and engineering teams to evolve the vision for industry-leading MarTech platforms and chart the course for incremental delivery in the MarTech roadmap
• Support agile product development and delivery across all strategic approved MarTech initiatives
• Work with both internal and external partners to ensure divisional objectives are being met and business requirements are incorporated into technical solution design of the MarTech platforms, complying with Vanguard's data security, privacy, and other industry regulations
• Build a World-class Product Management team that delivers high quality, client-centric MarTech solutions through Agile software development and delivery model, increasing collaboration across MarTech, Marketing, and IT
• Attract, build, coach, mentor and retain an industry-leading MarTech product organization that is client-focused and customer-centric, championing Vanguard core values and New Ways of Working
• Work with MarTech Operations team to ensure vendor strategy and management across all MarTech led products is aligned to consistent standards and guidelines as set forth by that team
• Partner with Portfolio Optimization to ensure that MarTech initiatives are aligned to divisional business outcomes, KPIs, and yield the necessary ROI
• Support overall MarTech Platforms strategy and vision, continually adjust/re-evaluate planned delivery commitments and priorities against the MarTech Platforms Vision and Roadmap, based on the value and impact such initiatives drive to Vanguard's business
• High-energy, hands-on, visionary entrepreneurial leader with a proven track record of building a world-class technology-oriented product organization
• Significant relevant experience (7-10+ years) in technology product management as an individual contributor and team manager in SaaS, ad-tech/mar-tech background preferred
• Minimum of 5+ years in a Senior Product leadership role leading agile/distributed teams focused on technology product management
• Experience with Adobe Experience Platform (AEP), Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Audience Management, Data Management platforms (CDP, DMP, Customer 360, etc.), and CRM platforms (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, etc.) preferred
• Excellent people management, proven communication (verbal/written), and storytelling abilities
• Ability to inspire character with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
• Leading by example, driven, excellent execution and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results while working in a cross-functional environment.
• Demonstrated experience in implementing and executing Agile principles with strong digital and technical skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, or Marketing preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Engineering or equivalent
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Manages approximately 5-10 level V and level T line managers, with an overall IT crew of 50-150 crew members.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top