Head of Marketing, Latin America and Caribbean
To develop and implement marketing plans and programs in a multi-channel, multi-country region for Vanguard funds and services in Latin America and the Caribbean. Build and manage a team to implement and support these programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Develop annual marketing strategy and budget that supports Latin America & Caribbean business and sales plans. Monitor and modify marketing strategy and tactics as needed.
- Responsible for all activity, output, and results across the marketing mix, including collateral, website content and functionality, advertising, PR, events, client communications, sales support, market research, etc. Determine the positioning and packaging of Vanguard’s offerings by crafting compelling arguments to ensure that clients and prospects understand the benefits of Vanguard’s products, services, and global capabilities. Create and monitor measurements to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of marketing programs. Ensure that programs are fiscally responsible and are completed within budget. Determine optimal mix of insourcing and outsourcing work. Manage external vendor and agency relationships.
- Identifies sales and product opportunities, supports Latin America & Caribbean Sales and Relationship Management in the prospecting process and in developing leads, and develops the means to deepen relationships with existing clients. Contribute at Latin America & Caribbean leadership team meetings and participate in defining Vanguard’s Latin America & Caribbean strategy. Oversee gathering of competitive information and activities and make recommendations.
- Partners with various Vanguard departments in the development and implementation of marketing programs and communication tools, including Latin America & Caribbean sales, client services and operations, International Marketing, Portfolio Review, Investment Strategy, Corporate Planning, Legal and other colleagues in International. Coordinates governance activities with senior leadership and ensures integration, as needed, across marketing managers.
- Manages marketing collateral for Latin America & Caribbean as it relates to risk, compliance and legal requirements.
- Establishes and understands global messaging and style guidelines and monitors planning and implementation for activities related to Latin America & Caribbean sales, marketing, client service, and trade meetings and events with these guidelines top-of-mind for the audience.
- Develops and execute the Latin America & Caribbean web and digital media strategy, working closely with internal Vanguard business partners to ensure implementation success.
- Ensures that Latin America & Caribbean RFPs and presentations are completed accurately and on time, including following consistent global processes and enterprise systems. Ensures the marketing team delivers on the logistics for events, including event registration, site selection, meeting room setup, food and beverage functions, contracting and negotiating with hotels and suppliers, and holding pre-and post-event meetings with internal clients and external vendors.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and developments and regulatory issues through the review of industry publications and market research, by participating in industry and professional associations, attending industry conferences, and through contact with industry experts. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of client needs and trends.
- Manages and/or participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree in Marketing preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years business experience with at least 8 years in marketing or marketing related experience.
- Working knowledge in the following areas; familiarity in one area must be balanced by technical expertise in others: experience with financial marketplace; experience of marketing through intermediaries and/or institutional; client relationship experience (plan sponsor and/or participant) in sales, marketing, or client services; knowledge of investments, mutual funds, Vanguard funds, and investment marketing.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage others.
- Demonstrated client focus on client needs and client communications.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Special Factors: Ideal candidate is fluent in English and Spanish.
Back to top