Head of Marketing, Canada
Vanguard Investments Canada is an indirect subsidiary of one of the world's largest global investment management companies, The Vanguard Group, Inc. Vanguard Investments Canada Inc. manages more than CAD 17 billion in assets (as of July 31, 2018) with 36 ETFs and four mutual funds available in Canada along with a suite of 12 target date funds for institutional investors and plan sponsors. Globally, Vanguard manages USD 5.1 trillion in global assets (as of May 31, 2018) with over USD 900B in ETF assets. Vanguard has offices in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and Asia. The firm offers more than 400 funds, including ETFs, to its more than 20 investors worldwide.
What sets Vanguard apart? The unique mutual structure of The Vanguard Group aligns our interests with those of our investors and drives the culture, philosophy and policies throughout the Vanguard organization worldwide. As a result, Canadian investors benefit from Vanguard's stability and experience, low costs and client focus.
The Head of Marketing will develop and implement marketing plans, initiatives and programs for Vanguard funds and services in the Canadian market aimed at a variety of stakeholder audiences and manage a marketing team to implement and support these programs. The Head of Marketing is a member of the Canadian Management team and contributes to the overall strategy of the business. Additionally, this role will also manage the public relations and events team leads for the Canadian office.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops all of Vanguard's creative marketing and communication tools for the Canadian business. Determines the positioning and packaging of Vanguard's offerings by crafting compelling arguments to ensure that clients and prospects understand the benefits of Vanguard's products, services, and global capabilities.
- Work closely with the Sales team to develop new opportunities, support Canadian Sales and Relationship Management in the prospecting process.
- Lead an existing multi-functional marketing, public relations and events team to success by fostering an inclusive environment and managing to their diverse needs. Creates a culture of engagement by providing personalized coaching, training, and motivation. Setting standards, reviewing performance, and providing feedback, all in order to develop staff. Fosters a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and personal development.
- Responsible for working in tandem with the existing Canadian communications and events team leads to foster a holistic and high-performing marketing team, with representation in the media, and at industry conferences and seminars.
- Assist in the development of strategies for the international marketing of Vanguard funds and services. Develops the business case for marketing programs. Develops roll-out strategies and timelines for the launch of Canadian programs. Manage marketing collateral for Canada as it relates to risk, compliance and legal requirements.
- Web/Digital Media: Develops and executes the Canadian Web and digital media strategy, working closely with internal Vanguard business partners to ensure implementation success.
- Establish and understand global messaging and style guidelines and monitor planning and implementation for activities related to Canadian sales, marketing, client service, and trade meetings and events with these guidelines top-of-mind for the audience.
- Interacts with various Vanguard departments in the development and implementation of marketing programs and communication tools, including International Operations, Canadian Client Service Departments, International Marketing, Marketing Research, Portfolio Review, Fund Performance Group, Corporate Planning, Legal, and other colleagues in International. Also interacts with local Vanguard offices and affiliates around the world where necessary. This role is part of the global marketing team and participates in International offsites and leads some global committees.
- Makes recommendations to take advantage of Vanguard competitive opportunities and to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Creates and monitors measurement and analytics data to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of marketing programs. Ensures that programs are fiscally responsible and are completed within budget.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree in Marketing preferred.
- Minimum of eight or more years in marketing or marketing related experience.
- Working knowledge in the following areas; familiarity in one area must be balanced by technical expertise in others: experience with financial marketplace; experience of marketing through intermediaries; client relationship experience (plan sponsor and/or participant) in sales, marketing, or client services; knowledge of investments, mutual funds, Vanguard funds, and investment marketing. Events management skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage others.
- Demonstrated client focus on client needs and client communications.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Back to top