Head of HR, Vanguard Fund Management Company
- Shanghai, China
Vanguard is seeking a Head of Human Resources to oversee the HR function for the Fund Management Company (FMC) in Shanghai. You will lead the strategy and implementation of effective Human Resources programs. You will also strategically partner with senior leaders to identify, provide, and drive collaborative solutions.
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Accountable for development of strategic Human Resources plans in alignment with corporate business objectives. Works with senior leaders to continue evolving the processes and policies in support of the strategy. Educates management on Human resources best practices.
- Builds strategic relationships across departments and drives an effective human resources partnership with management, consulting on Human Resources planning and related issues. Assesses and anticipates Human Resources related needs. Leads a team responsible for the conflict resolution process.
- Drives performance management and talent development. Manages corporate level professional development program. Partners with business areas to assess staff engagement on annual basis. Works with senior leadership on determining the best employee goals, metrics, and drivers.
- Directs and oversees Human Resources operations. Creates and maintains the Human Resources budget. Owns data and reporting for the corporate staffing dashboard, retention and turnover, and compliance.
- Leads annual compensation and benefits analyses and administers, implements, and ensures compliance of benefits programs. Ensures compensation and benefit programs align with business goals.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of eight years related work experience, with at least three years of Human Resources experience.
- Asset Management industry experience strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Must be bilingual: Mandarin and English.
Back to top