Head of Global IT Production Services
- Wayne, PA
Deliver IT that shapes financial futures
As the financial landscape grows and evolves, Vanguard's productivity technologies must remain state-of-the-art to keep pace, be secure and reliable for our global businesses.
To achieve this mandate, we are currently seeking a
Head of Global IT Production Services
who can drive 24/7 production support and crisis management solutions across the globe. You will be responsible for leading an organization that delivers highly secure, reliable and efficient IT Operations services focused on the needs of all Vanguard's businesses. You'll lead an accomplished and forward-thinking team of leaders and engineers who have the determination and knowledge to find inventive solutions to complex problems. In collaboration with the business, IT peers and vendor partners, you'll ensure that our businesses have optimized service and operations enabling greater availability, performance and reliability in the delivery of Vanguard products. Are you ready to Make It Count?
In this role you will:
- In accordance to the Leadership Standard, act as a leader of leaders. Provide mentorship, training, and motivation, as necessary to develop staff. Hire, terminate, evaluate and counsel personnel. Set performance standards, review performance, provide feedback and recommend wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Provide mentorship and assistance to other department heads in the form of technical consultation, program/project management, tactical and strategic planning leading towards outstanding IT solutions.
- Ensure production processes and controls meet the requirements of established laws (both domestic and International) and standards set by regulatory or government agencies (i.e. SSAE 16, GS 007).
- Provide enterprise wide expertise with respect to ITIL standard methodologies and tools.
- Ensure the overall effectiveness and efficiency of data center production operations to ensure high levels of availability and reliability as defined by application and product service level agreements (SLA's). Develop, maintain and report critical metrics and performance indicators to measure service levels.
- Design, develop and maintain departmental budget.
- Develop effective working relationships with contacts throughout the company on investment and technology issues. Effectively communicate strategies and plans to all appropriate parties and ensures that options and changes are communicated in a timely manner.
- Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology, processes, and standard methodologies as related to business requirements. Plan, develop and execute short and long range goals/strategies to meet department and corporate objectives. Also recommend solutions within established timeframes and budgetary controls.
- Work with client areas in the development and prioritization of the technology plans and budgets. Review expenses, develop estimates and ensure the department and projects operate within budgetary guidelines.
- Establish and actively own partner relationships across business and technical organizations. Define roles and responsibilities for several manager teams and employ a collaborative approach to gain consensus and support for their efforts. Manage key service providers and associated contracts, including external consulting resources for selected projects. Ensure contract terms and work are performed as detailed.
- Responsible for reporting and presenting department status to partners, and for resolving critical issues and clearing obstacles to ensure that teams can meet their objectives and maintain positive team dynamics.
- Manage the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. Set measurable goals and examine ways to raise standards, to increase quality and to improve overall performance of the department. Monitor team progress and measure team and departmental success in identifying and managing risk exposure for Vanguard.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to a variety of management levels on department strategy and planning, status, issues. Support development of senior management presentations.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight to ten years software development experience, including five to six years as a Line Manager.
- Strong negotiation skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interviewing and presentation skills.Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Expert knowledge in a broad base of legacy and emerging technologies and their life cycles.
- Expert knowledge of multiple IT platforms like Netcentric, Client/server, IBM mainframe, Microsoft Windows, UNIX or database platforms such as Oracle, Sybase and DB2.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top