Head of Design - Retail Marketing
Retail Marketing & Communications team partners with the business to drive growth and foster loyalty by developing and executing marketing and communications programs that help lower the cost and complexity of investing.
As a senior leader in the team, the Head of Design will help transition the teams marketing design from traditional to interactive media. They will set and manage the creative vision and design strategy, and translate it into tactical execution. They will define the organization, its objectives, and its processes, with ultimate responsibility for the caliber of the creative product. They will manage and guide the work and careers of the designers through mentoring, training, and motivating the staff.
•\tLeads the design management team and crew supporting programs. Sets overall direction and strategy for the Design function.
•\tDemonstrates knowledge of existing and future product and service offerings. Determines strategy and positioning for design that accurately and persuasively reflects Vanguard's philosophy and communication approach with Retail clients.
•\tLeads your team to success by fostering an inclusive environment and managing to their diverse needs. Creates a culture of engagement by providing personalized coaching, training, and motivation. Setting standards, reviewing performance, and providing feedback, all in order to develop staff. Fosters a positive working environment that generates team building, creative thinking and crew development.
•\tManages the administration and operation of the Design team, including managing head count, workload/capacity tracking, assignment of work, and quality control.
•\t Partners with the Communications & Marketing teams across Vanguard to establish and maintain consistency in Design practices across the organization.
•\tForecasts future design technology needs and pursues proposals with IT. Collects and shares research from a variety of sources, internal/external experts, the Web, books, etc. to stay abreast of design tools and techniques.
•\t Manages and/or participates in special projects. Coordinates activities and interacts extensively across departmental lines.
•\tLeads and promotes Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence philosophy and programs.
- An undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree/studies preferred.
- Minimum eight years' experience in a design studio, advertising agency and/or corporate communications environment.
- Experience translating the business drivers that affect interactive communication, brands, and marketing.
- Fluent in the languages, processes, and deliverables of each creative discipline: branding, design, editorial, user experience, and customer insight.
- A solid understanding of information architecture principles and practices.
- Recognized thought-leader and expert in the creative community.
- Ability to understand and communicate customer needs and business strategies.
- Excellent people-management skills with the proven ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to handle complex client situations and interact with all levels of personnel within Vanguard organization, as well as in clients' organization.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top