Head of Brokerage Trade Operations- Retail Investment Group (Pennsylvania or Arizona)
Driving Investor Outcomes through Brokerage
Brokerage is at the core of Vanguard's mission to give investors the best chance of investment success. Through our retail brokerage offer, clients have access to products and services that help them to reach their investment goals. We keep their assets safe, innovate to drive investor outcomes, and lead with a culture that puts people - our crew and clients first.
As the Head of Trade Operations, you will lead a team of leaders and brokerage professionals serving Vanguard's mission by providing seamless brokerage trading operations and powering a world class client experience, while also directly driving some of Vanguard's most critical strategies across our mutual fund and ETF lineup, advice offering, and client experience.
In this role you will:
- Lead multiple brokerage operations departments supporting Vanguard's retail investors, specifically the securities lending program, clearance & settlements, safekeeping, and special securities processing.
- Provide expertise to influence how brokerage services and features come to market in support of the Retail direct and managed offers, giving Vanguard clients the best chance for investment success.
- Drive innovative brokerage strategies and partner across Vanguard's Client Experience (CX) Journey owners, Offer Team, and Technology Product Owners to make cross-cutting decisions that contribute to investor outcomes.
- Empower a team of brokerage professionals to embrace agile methodology that rewards experimentation, innovative thinking, and an owner's mindset.
- Represent the firm with critical external stakeholders (e.g., regulators, auditors, counterparties, and industry peers).
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience, including progressive management in a leadership position within a Financial Services operations or trading environment, preferably a Broker Dealer or Registered Investment Advisor environment responsibilities.
- Deep understanding of securities industry operations and knowledge of the financial industry including the rules and regulations that govern the markets.
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 4, and 63 licenses or ability to attain licenses in accordance with departmental policies. The Series 27 may also be required.
- The ability to demonstrate executive presence and to influence others in the industry.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Skilled in operating at both the strategic and tactical level; attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A client-centric focus - keeps clients in forefront of decisions, connects plans and actions to our purpose of serving clients and improving the business through positive and productive change.
There will be some travel required including industry forums and meetings with various market participants, and visits to the Vanguard Pennsylvania and Arizona sites.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top