Head of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Research
Vanguard has built customer value for our investors and has been successfully in differentiating from our competitors for more than four decades, and now there are even more opportunities to provide outstanding service to our clients and elevate us even further within the financial service industry.
Uncovering these opportunities starts with you. Our investments in AI/Machine Learning play a key role on this journey. Do you want to innovate, research and deploy creative solutions to support our goals, with purpose and a mission? We are team of highly motivated scientists that are always learning, collaborating and passionate about what we do. Come and join our hardworking team and be part of this great mission!
In This Role You Will:
- Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides mentorship and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Lead the AI/ML Research team that is in charge of developing innovative ML research techniques, solutions and applications that are meaningful to Vanguard.
- Supports the continuous evolution and strategy of Vanguard's AI/ML vision, aligning with our Business Solutions team to resolve the best topics and themes for R&D.
- Own the deployment and socialization of customized ML capabilities, to supports analytical teams across Vanguard, including our Business Solutions team.
- Evaluates new technologies and manages vendors engaged in AI/ML.
- Build and manage external relationships with key universities, seeking new and innovative research as well as crafting practices to leverage talent into pipeline.
- Leads all aspects of the execution of large scale, most complex analytics research. Bring new and innovative ideas to encourage and nurture the culture of applied and theoretical AI/ML R&D.
- Engage with key business partners to develop a portfolio of POC's that have positive impact to support Vanguard's mission.
- Engages with senior leadership to understand and probe business processes in order to develop hypotheses and own the AI/ML research agenda. Brings structure to requests and translates requirements into a ML approach.
- Drives innovative analytic applications and results. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Reimagine the investment experience
A World-class client experience is something that can only be defined by our clients. Leading the development and delivery of advanced, actionable analytic products and services you will work to uncover difficulties and challenges a client may face and how they may differ across product lines. Using advanced analytics approaches such as predictive and prescriptive modeling your goal will be to bring tangible and significant business impact on Vanguard's businesses and clients to drive overall efficiency.
What it Takes
- Minimum of ten years related work experience in analytical roles. Experience with data wrangling required - Programming skills to access, transform and prepare large scale data for statistical modeling. Experience utilizing statistical and machine learning methods required.
- Undergraduate degree in Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related analytical field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Back to top