Global Mobility Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment companies, with more than $3 trillion in global assets, is seeking a leader who will be responsible for the development, execution and administration of Vanguard’s global mobility strategy and programs in alignment with the company’s culture and overarching total rewards and talent philosophy.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides regular and ongoing feedback
- Lead design of global strategy for international relocation, tax and immigration, including program and policy design, execution and assessment; develop creative solutions to meet immediate and long term business objectives which ultimately results in a highly satisfied expat population.
- Manage global mobility policies and program guidelines to ensure industry competitiveness and compliance with legal, tax, and local employment regulations. Stays current with industry trends and best practices.
- Provide strategic global mobility-related expertise, consultation, and cost estimates to local and home office key stakeholders to ensure alignment with business and HR/Talent strategy, tax, and legal / compliance. Includes working with the business on identification of roles and assignees.
- Act as main point of contact and talent-enabler for international assignees to maintain a strong, on-going relationship and expat experience.
- Manages and coordinates the third-party vendor relationships in support of the tax equalization and international relocation process. Develops, implements, and leads a vendor management program to ensure a strong and productive partnership exists between all vendors and Vanguard and includes key performance indicators to measure effectiveness.
- Lead team in development of marketing materials and communication plans that are in alignment with regional regulations and local cultural needs in order to promote global mobility as a key part of the company’s talent strategy.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum eight years of HR experience.
- Experience managing global relocation and immigration programs with a strong focus on vendor management for a multi-national company.
- Knowledge and experience working with tax, legal, compensation, benefits, and immigration issues (specifically in the area of Visa / Work Permit filings).
- Knowledge of HR policies and processes.
- Experience in the development and implementation of initiatives from strategy through execution.
- Experience working with senior leadership and the ability to operate and influence in matrix and flexible environment.
- Strong customer service orientation and vendor management skills.
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing staff skills and building capabilities
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top